Hughesnet / fair access policy is a sham
On Sept 8-2008 I had HughesNet installed. The installer left no paper work or instructions. I can live with that. I noticed my computer was running a little slow 2 days later. I sent an email to HughesNet advising them of this but I found out what was the problem. This FAP crap!!! All I did was watch about 8 short videos on youtube.com and I was spanked on the ### for it. I didn't know it at the time why my pc was running so slow until I went to their website and started reading about their FAP and I looked up my usage. It stated that I was going to be penalized for 24hours because I went over 200MB or close to it. I tried clicking on a link and I swear I could get up and take a shower before the site would load up. I didn't know anything about this Fair Access Policy before I subscribed to HughesNet. This is a money scam. They want you to get mad so you will pay more for more MB's!!! I thought I could surf the net as long as I wanted to and go to websites that I wanted to. I've never heard of this mess in my life!!! What is it that we can do??? They need to be sued because I never was told anything about any FAP nor was I told that I was only going to be able to download up to 200MB in a 24hour period or I would be punished for 24hours by restricting my ability to surf the net. If this isn't a fraud and a scam I don't know what is. All of this because of watching short little videos on youtube. I've been a customer for 5 days but after only 2 I saw what a fraud and scam these people are. DONT SUBSCRIBE TO HUGHESNET!!!
More Hughesnet Complaints & Reviews
- Hughesnet - corporate office contacts 
- Hughesnet.com - hughesnet make me feel used and abused! 
- Hughesnet - 2-year contract?? 
- Hughesnet - terrible service! lies and more lies! 
- Hughesnet - fap's "fair access policy" is a fraud! 
- Hughes Network Systems - No or either very poor internet service
- Hughes Network Systems - unauthorized charge on card
- Hughesnet - Internet Provider
- Hughes Network Systems - I was lord too!
- Hughes Network Systems - service