Hughesnet / the most overblown advertisement in the history of ad-copy!

1 Lake Montezuma, AZ, United States Review updated:

Hugesnet internet service has to be the most overblown advertisement in the history of ad-copy. Total mis-representation. High speed internet? Not on a clear day in hell. This service takes real time off of your lifecycle just waiting for a page to load.
You get a two year contract, a never explained "Fair Access Policy" at a high price for what on almost every occasion amounts to a 28k modem, and less.

Service is fair, even when you can get off hold. At the 81.00 per month, install plus equipment. One would expect to have "Highspeed Internet". False advertisement is what Hughesnet offers. I watched an ad on TV for Hugesnet the other night. All smoke and mirrors.

Anyone wishing to form a class action suit against these bandits of the internet, count me in.

Ca

Comments

Da
  24th of Jul, 2008

Just got my HughesNet hooked up 7/23/08, I wished I did more checking It is slower than the dail up I had. Lucky I have 30 day trail I only lose about $200 for the installation. If you thinking about HughesNet you better do some checking first Wish I had.
Dan

Pa
  6th of Jan, 2009

Count me in for the class action if any one goes that route!