Hughesnet — early termination fee...$400.00
I am having to move to a residence that says I can't attach HughesNet equipment to their home or put a pole in the ground on their property, so, I called HughesNet today and they told me I have to pay the $400.00 fee anyway for canceling early...
I told them I could get them a letter from the owners, but they said it would not make any difference...
He actually told me I should move somewhere that allowed HughesNet!!!
I called my credit card company and they said the only option, if I can't resolve the issue with them, is to get a "new" credit card number...
However, if I don't pay them, my credit rating will be affected...
I am "constantly" having trouble with HughesNet ...It's so slow and cuts out all the time...It is a lousy service and VERY expensive for what you get!!!
Plus, I initially had to pay $125.00 up front to have a pole installed in the yard of where I presently live...
This company was my "ONLY" option for internet at the time as I live in the country...
I would love any advise on what to do... Thanks, Summer
More Hughesnet Complaints & Reviews
- Hughesnet - corporate office contacts 
- Hughesnet - 2-year contract?? 
- HughesNet.com - make me feel used and abused! 
- Hughesnet - terrible service! lies and more lies! 
- Hughesnet - fap's "fair access policy" is a fraud! 
- Hughesnet - phone service and sales
- Hughes Network Systems - hughesnet service
- Hughes Network Systems - cancellation fees 
- Hughes Network Systems - data usage issues 
- Hughesnet Internet Satellite - slooooow speed. not as advertised