Hughesnet / bad service and money issues!
We signed up with Hughes Net because we had no other choice for internet besides dial up. It advertises to be very fast and they had a promotion of paying the $400 up front charges monthly with a 2 year contract. We had it two days and it was slower than dial up and they took $496.97 out of my checking account since they had my debit card number causing numerous NSF fees on my bank account. So I was out over $600 to which I couldn't spare. I called and also my husband. We talked to 6 different departments for over 3 hours total and only got the run around. We told them we wanted to cancel that we were very unhappy. They are letting us ship back the unit but only are willing to refund us $299. That $199 is installation charges are not refundable (we are not happy with the way the dish was installed also) and they can't do anything about the NSF charges because it's not their policy. I think the whole company is a big rip off. They only allow very minimum time on the computer and then they slow your connection down to a crawl for 24 hours, refuse to credit back our account when we chose to do the zero down option, and will only refund half our money for canceling before the allowed 30 day cancellation period. They say satisfaction guaranteed, HA! That's a joke! I wish I had done a search on this company before I signed up with them, then I would have seen the millions of complaints. I don't see how they stay in business. I HATE THIS COMPANY!
More Hughesnet Complaints & Reviews
- Hughesnet - corporate office contacts 
- Hughesnet - 2-year contract?? 
- Hughesnet.com - hughesnet make me feel used and abused! 
- Hughesnet - terrible service! lies and more lies! 
- Hughesnet - fap's "fair access policy" is a fraud! 
- Hughes Network Systems - service representative
- Hughes Network Systems - Internet speed and Phone
- Hughes Network Systems - internet
- Hughes Network Systems - ip service
- Hughes Network Systems - internet sevices