Hughesnet / hostile customer service and embezzlement

For nearly 6 yrs I've had HughesNet (HN). Upload speed usually worse than dialup. Made upgrades HN suggested several times at additional cost, w / out improvement. Last upgrade, on 10/09/07 no improvement. Their install tech diagnosed the dish, not the modem, as needing to be upgraded to 2 Watt. On 10/15/2007 their tech installed the new dish. Charged 2X for the modem plus additional for the dish. Total charge about $1,1000. No refund given for duplicate modem, HN would not take return. On 05/23/2007, HN locked out service for overuse of band with previous evening, but no equipment was online. Argued with HN for 3.5 hrs. Contacted HN via online chat. Canceled HN service. went with Frontier DSL. Assured by HN that no further charges would be made. HN has continued to bill me. Charging my credit card $99.99 on 05/31/07. Spent 1 hr arguing with CS on the phone. Told that I had 2 accounts with HN. That they deactivated my inactive acct. They said shame on me, and that I would be charged another $300.00 for early deactivation of my "new" account, as they set new account when they sent me the upgraded dish. Asked for supervisor, another 1/2 hr later still on hold, no supervisor. I've contacting Credit Card company for dispute and am filing a formal complaint with TN Department of Consumer Affairs.

Comments

• Se
      2nd of Dec, 2014

customer service? Laughable!!! Ivan the "manager" did NOTHING but repeat himself over and over. Stole out of my account and opened up the account in my name even though I never even spoke to them. Someone else called in to open the account and advised the person to open up account in another name to reduce deposit. Also took out of my account MORE than automated service advised was the amount due earlier than automated service addvised, overdrafting my account and causing huge amounts of fees!