Hughesnet / hostile customer service and embezzlement
For nearly 6 yrs I've had HughesNet (HN). Upload speed usually worse than dialup. Made upgrades HN suggested several times at additional cost, w / out improvement. Last upgrade, on 10/09/07 no improvement. Their install tech diagnosed the dish, not the modem, as needing to be upgraded to 2 Watt. On 10/15/2007 their tech installed the new dish. Charged 2X for the modem plus additional for the dish. Total charge about $1,1000. No refund given for duplicate modem, HN would not take return. On 05/23/2007, HN locked out service for overuse of band with previous evening, but no equipment was online. Argued with HN for 3.5 hrs. Contacted HN via online chat. Canceled HN service. went with Frontier DSL. Assured by HN that no further charges would be made. HN has continued to bill me. Charging my credit card $99.99 on 05/31/07. Spent 1 hr arguing with CS on the phone. Told that I had 2 accounts with HN. That they deactivated my inactive acct. They said shame on me, and that I would be charged another $300.00 for early deactivation of my "new" account, as they set new account when they sent me the upgraded dish. Asked for supervisor, another 1/2 hr later still on hold, no supervisor. I've contacting Credit Card company for dispute and am filing a formal complaint with TN Department of Consumer Affairs.
More Hughesnet Complaints & Reviews
- Hughesnet - corporate office contacts 
- Hughesnet - 2-year contract?? 
- Hughesnet.com - hughesnet make me feel used and abused! 
- Hughesnet - terrible service! lies and more lies! 
- Hughesnet - fap's "fair access policy" is a fraud! 
- Hughesnet - internet
- Hughes Network Systems - gen 5
- Hughes Network Systems - service
- Hughesnet - be warned before signing up with hughesnet
- Hughes Network Systems - poor performance of internet service since 2/2018 installation.