HughesNet / fair access policy bs

AL, United States Review updated:
4.3
A complete scam. If you have HughesNet, drop them. If you are considering HughesNet, dont ! The only way to fight them is to hit thier pocketbook. I cant hurt them much by myself, but if we as consumers stick together and cost them money, they will change policys. If you continue to let them scam you with thier lies and BS restrictions, they will be happy to do it.

I am not the type of person to just let someone rip me off and get away with it. By the first of the year, I should have all my ducks in a row and then its bye bye Hughes !!!!

Comments

Tg
  28th of Feb, 2008
Hughes.net is absolutely bottom of the barrel in service and they are so over priced it is not funny!! They are THIEVES and the service is abysmal at best! I would encourage EVERYONE that can switch, to tell hughes to take a hike. I would also tell anyone even remotely considering the worst company on the planet to run the other way! Even Consumer Reports in a few issues back gave them the worst ratings on ALL points, that is ALL of the criteria they failed miserably. Hughes is the ONLY company I have ever seen get solid black marks on every level! They ste4al your money, they give zero customer service and their internet speed is little more than glorified dial up for 5 times the price! They know they have rural customers over a barrel because other fast services do not service the area, but in some cases with hughes, you would be better off with a pigeon carrying your emails to a fro!
Ka
  30th of Apr, 2008
I have been so mad from day one with Hughes.net. I had cable internet but when we moved we had to go to satellite internet and it has been so slow If I have been online for a long time they slow it down so you can't get online unless you are willing to wait hours for things to load. I thought I had unlimited access, I guess I do if I want to wait all day for things to load. I intend to go with another company as soon as my 15 months are up. Wish I had never heard of Hughes. net
So
  28th of Jan, 2009
They are absolutely Horrible!! The speeds are abysmal! You are right; Dial-up would be faster!!! And, unfortunately I am stuck until my "sentence" runs out!!! Why, oh why, did I sign on the dotted line?????
Jc
  5th of Mar, 2009
THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE ONE OF THOSE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS. THEY CAN ONLY SURVIVE BECAUSE THEY RIP PEOPLE OFF BY GETTING THEM STUCK IN BS CONTRACTS. WE'LL NOT ME! I CANCELLED MY SUBSCRIBTION. HAD TO PAY $400.00 TO DO SO BUT IT'S WORTH EVERY DIME. DIAL UP IS FASTER. AND THE FAP POLICIY IT TOTALLY BOGUS. FUNNY I HAD NO VIOLIATIONS IN MY FIRST 30 DAYS. PAID MY FIRST BILL AND ALL OF A SUDDEN FLAGGED FOR OVER USAGE EVERY DAY!! AND YOU DONT EVEN WANT TO CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY BARELY SPEAK ENGLISH. THANKS HUGHES NET FOR SHOWING ME THAT CROOKS STILL EXIST. EVERYONE STAY AWAY AND THINK ABOUT JUST ENDING YOUR CONTRACT. THIS TYPE OF ACTION WILL HURT THEM. THE WAY I LOOK AT IT IS THEY GOT SOME OF MY MONEY BUT MISSED OUT ON AN ADDITIONAL 1600 THEY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN OVER THE NEXT 2 YEARS, PLUS ANY FUTURE BUSINESS, AND ALL THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS I TELL EVERYONE ABOUT THEM. THEY DONT WANT THIER DISH BACK THAT SAY HUGHES NET ON IT, MAYBE I SHOULD PAINT "SCAM" ON IT AND PUT IT BY THE ROAD FOR ALL TO SEE. STAY AWAY FROM HUGHES NET!!!

Hughes Network Systems Logo Hughes Network Systems