Htc Touch / AUTHENTEC DUBAI - BAD SERVICE

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

VERY POOR SERVICE by AUTHENTEC - HTC CARE - CELLUCOM - DUBAI, UAE

It is out of total frustration for the second time that I have decided to write.

My HTC Touch (P3450) phone developed a problem on the screen (not on the outside, but on the inside) in September 2008 while the phone was still under warranty. Despite the problem not being due to misuse, damage or any such thing I was told there will be a charge of AED 250. The problem was on the 'inside' for the touch screen developing like a bubble which disables the touch functions.

At the time, the phone was given for repairs, I was told it’ll be repaired in 3 working days and that I’ll get a call informing me if the problem can be cleared under warranty or if it is a chargeable issue. I did not receive any call for many days. When I followed-up, I was told the problem was with the bezel assembly and is not covered under warranty. There was going to be a charge of AED 250. No other explanation could be given why the bezel is not covered under warranty when there is no physical damage or misuse and the phone was within the warranty period. Again I received no call from the service centre. Only when I followed-up and called to check did they tell me the phone was repaired and ready for collection. Paid AED 250 and collected the phone.

Five months later, again the very same problem has occurred. There is an internal problem with the bezel. No damage or misuse of the phone at all, yet a problem has developed on the ‘inside’ of the bezel again. The phone was given for repairs again on 18th February 2009 with a full explanation (Several days later Service Order - C012M01927). I was told the phone will be ready after 3 working days, but will be informed if the problem is chargeable. Again absolutely no contact from anyone for over a week. When I called to enquire, I was told there will be a charge of AED 250 again for the bezel to be replaced. I requested the same to be verified as I do not understand why I have to keep paying for a manufacture defect. More days passed with absolutely no call from anyone. Only when I called did I find out that the call centres attempts to get an explanation from the service dept has not been successful. Despite promises of someone contacting me, no one has contacted me to date.

I requested to speak to a supervisor or manager to get clarification on the issue, but no one was able to escalate the problem. Apart from having to pay for manufacture faults, I have to put up with terrible customer service. From the time a call is placed, it takes anything from 8 to 17 minutes to get a person to attend the call. Many time the phone is never even answered either by the automatic system or the call centre rep.

After more days, I followed up again, this time requesting to escalate the problem to a supervisor or manager. I was told there is no such person I can be forwarded to and that I should write an email to customercare@cellucom.com. I did. Got a prompt (automated) reply saying the complaint is being looked into and someone will get back to me. Few days pass ... no one contacted me. I wrote another email and waited 3 more days. Still no one calls or replies to me. Today I called up the customercare again [protected] asking for a manager to speak to. They are unable to forward me to any such person. Apparently the Service centre manage Firas or his team do not have contact numbers to receive calls !!

Today is the 8th of March. I still have not heard from anyone !!

I have heard and seen many disgrunted customers at the HTC Care centre - Authentec.

HTC should seriously look at replacing their service partner.

It

Comments

• Na
      22nd of Mar, 2009

I want to inquery about releasing HTC New Products in Dubai CELLUCOM Stores but sales telephone number seems to be dead !!!

• El
      26th of Mar, 2009

very poor service in uae.No service centre.No contact number.No guidence from dealers/sellers.no software available in the local market for GPS.No accessories for the phone in local market.

• Ni
      13th of Apr, 2009

I totally agree, I went there yesterday and the security guy wanted to sell me a battery that does not say HTC on it, nor does it come in sealed packaging! just in an open little bag!! what kind of centre is that? not to mention that they did not have any customer care personnel!

20th of Jun, 2009

actually i was pallning to take a htc .so now i decided that i iwll not touch htc

20th of Jun, 2009

i heard lot of complaint abt htc

20th of Jun, 2009

good by htc, guys thanks for ur information...i think god saved me from taking a htc phone

• Ka
      26th of Jun, 2009

very very thanks to all guys, b'cause me & my friend was planning to buy HTC
    but we escaped...

• Iq
      29th of Jun, 2009

Hai, , ,
    I had a very bad experiance with HTC touch, fist I took the phone to the athentec service centre while it was on warrenty, the problem was with the screen. They said they have to change the screen, but no spare parts. After two months in spite of regular follow up, I got the phone back, with the so Said SCREEN replaced. in just one month, the screen failed agiain. I went back to the service centre, they said the warrenty expired yesterday and I have to AED 900 to get it repaired, when a new HTC touch is now awailable for just AED700.
    GET RID of any more HTC, ITS a MAD phone, and Please please dont buy this crap anymore.
    regards
    IQBAL Dubai

13th of Sep, 2009

i have got an htc snap. am very happy about it so far!
    Anna, Dubai

9th of Nov, 2009

Hi All,

HTC call center toll free number is 8000-200-0078 they are ready to help about any repair or support cases, HTC did change their service partner ( Authentec ), and now, they are providing the service through their distributor, so, I think you will see a big difference in service.

you can all call the call center and they will send DHL to your location anywhere in UAE to collect your device! how cool is that!!!

regards,

Jade

• Ni
      2nd of Dec, 2009

Touch screen is not working after 14 months and I informed to Jackys(Deira City Center). They r asking money to fix it. This is not fair. I want to fix it by HTC withou spending a single dhiram, coz i feel its a product defect.

• Ga
      11th of Mar, 2010
    HTC Touch - lost
    htc
    India

sir
    i vaibhav tandon am the residence of ec-145 1st floor tangore garden, new delhi-110027...some body took away my mobile phne ...the phne was htc 1mei no 3567 8601 5174059 on tagore garden bus stop to holy child school road at 1600 hrs on 27 th march from my car...kindly consider my report and take some necessary action...

12th of Jan, 2011

I have an HTC HD mini and it fell down and the touch digitizer is broken, i have taken it to Sharaf DG and ask them for repair, of cousrse the i agree to pay for it even though it was under warranty due to my negligence. But they ask me AED900 for replacing the touch digitiser and said that they have to replace LCD too. I have with drawn the mobile witout repaired, After that i search in internet and i got Touch digitizer and tools for USD54/- from www.ownta.com stores and i have rplaced by myself.It means they are trying to make money.

dear sir
    i req chang my phone. this phone bady electrical tester showing . me & my child shock this htc wildfire phone.your responce is very poor i m a regulear coustmer htc brand. my phone dtl IMEI no 354692044388060 & s/n HTOB4PY05268. aaplogo ko mujhe phone kar k bolna padega. mai aaj sat ko phone kar k bol raha hu .ye hazarded phone hamare ghar se le kar aaplog jaye? Aaplog mujhe conjumar cort me jane ke liye majbur kar rahe ho.

DHANYBAD
    SANTOSH

hindustan k bhaiyo
    HTC brand ka phone mat lena? ye compny chor (frad) very poor responce. hindustan se bhagawo HTC mobile brand. aap sabhi ka sath chahiye. nahi to ye malti natnal compny hum logo ko jine nahi degi. HTC BHAGAWO HTC BHAGAWO HTC BHAGAWO HTC BHAGAWO HTC BHAGAWO HTC BHAGAWO HTC BHAGAWO HTC BHAGAWO
    dhanybad
    santosh

15th of Mar, 2011

HTC brand very lower & poor compny frad (chor) hai. all world piple requst HTC brand 3rd class quality
    regard
    santosh

• Ra
      25th of May, 2011

i need customer care number how i can get that number..?plssss reply me

2nd of Oct, 2012

i have htc cha cha i am in warranty
    when i buy htc cha cha i have problem to this phone in touch screen and i see and here more problem about this touch screen in htc cha cha
    when it happened problem in my phone in the frist time (touch screen) i went to agent here in egypt to change touch screen becouse its do problem one by one but they talked to me we can't change now when it stoped we can change it after this per more weeks i have broken in the my screen (small broken in the top) this Has no effect in my phone then i went to agent becouse iam in warranty but this time they Received my phone but they talk to me the screen should change you should pay 600 LE.
    i want more important from you.
    Tel of agent 0122666630
    Complaints tel 0122225922
    Email complaints@jovitronix.com

Thank's
    Mahmoud Mostafa Ibrahim
    Official announcements in the Al-Ahram newspaper