HSN / bad service

I purchased a Gateway laptop as a gift in May 2008. It was supposed to come with over $700 of software. I received the computer and gave it as a gift but the software was not with it. When I called HSN I was told it was being shipped separately directly from Gateway. I told te gift recipient that software was coming but it never arrived. I conteacted HSN over and over by phone and by email for months. They kept telling me they would contact Gateway and get back to me but never did and I never recieved the software. I finally recieved an automated phone call tellign me to call Gateway directly. After getting the runaround from them I was told that I had 90 days to report that my order was not complete and since it was now over the 90 day limit I could not get it and would have to contact HSN. So I called HSN again and was again told they would research it and get back to me. I received a letter telling me that the product was unavailable and that I could return it for a refund - HOWEVER I was over the 30 day return period !!! SO I called again and again spoke with a supervisor who told me unfortunately I was never going to get the software but I could have a partial refund which was not enough to cover the missing items. She said she would try again to contact Gateway and call me back. My call was never returned and when I called again tehy had no record of my calls and the very rude supervisor asked me why I waited until November to complain !!! I exoplained to her again that I had called and emailed over and over and she finally found some sort of notation on it. When I asked for th eprevious supervisor I had spoken with I was told there were two by that name and neither was in and she would email them and get back to me. I'm sure I'll never recieve that call...

Gr

Comments

• Ra
      30th of May, 2009

I ordered a Bissell floor steamer for my new home. With it I ordered the replacement pads at the very same time. The steamer arrived and works wonderful. The pads never arrived. I called HSN who said they were delivered. I said they were not delivered to me. HSN agreed to refund the pads. A week later UPS informs me they delivered the pads...to my previous address. Remember, I ordered the pads at the same time with the help of a real person. I called HSN to help them clear this mess. "No problem, the situation is fixed." Or it was until I got a letter telling me that they had proof from UPS of the delivery. I called back again and again it allegedly cleared up...until the next letter came. I called yet another time and again, "it's fixed." Yesterday, HSN billed my credit card again. I called back and supposedly, it will be fixed within 7-10 days.

If I seem skeptical with HSN, can you blame me!!?? Frankly, I am horrified that this simple transaction has continued this far, for this long without anybody able to override the company's computer and lack of people skills.

I suspect this issue will not be fixed and I will be out my almost $27, a small penalty for me but in the end, a lost customer for all time to HSN. I hope that HSN considers it worth it. As a retail district manager for a national retailer, I terminate the employment of associates for this lack of action and failure to resolve a customer's issues.

HSN...your services are no longer needed nor desired.

• St
      8th of Sep, 2010

I purchased a cam corder and a cleaning product from HSN and it was sent to my old address. When checked on order and learned of this requested to have it reshipped. They refused yet expect for me to pay the flex payments on the order. They were rude and not helpful in this matter at all.

• Gt
      30th of Jul, 2012

PURCHED THE GREEN PANS GOOD OUT OF THE BOX THEN ABOUT SIX MONTHS THEY STICK AND WELD TO PAN!!

• Te
      8th of Jun, 2016

I purchased a large set of the huggable hangers and found that the 4 bar hangers break on the first use. HSN would not stand behind them and directed me to Ingenious Designs, who never answers the phone line. I will not be purchasing any more Joy Mangano products not only because of the flimsy product, but the poor treatment of customers trying to contact them

• To
      8th of Sep, 2016

Yeah the customer service sucks. They played those cards with me too, stating that they didn't have any record of me calling. Well the jokes on them because I recorded every conversation. I also saved every fax confirmation sent to them from my financial institution. They said they didn't get that either.