HSBC / hsbc protection plan rip off!

Lubbock, TX, United States Review updated:

I got the credit cards back in january... and I was told that it was no interest for 6 months... I looked at my bill when I received it and it said that I still had to make monthly payments on both cards... so I then made my payments on time, and wasn't late... I then took a look at the next bill I received... and noticed I was being charged a debt collection fee and a identity protection fee... and that my payments I made barely made a dent in what I owed... so I made a big payment on both cards to see what else would happen... I then noticed after that, that they started charging me the debt collection fee plus the apr plus something else that was only a dollar... I decided then just to pay them in full and not use the cards anymore... well every thing was going good until I checked my acct. online today 3/18/08 and saw that they charged my acct. 9.99 for some protection plan on 3/17/08... I immediately called the identity protection plan department... and canceled it and was told that my account would be credited back the money, wrote down the confirmation number and filed it along side my original contract... where you can plainly see that I never signed up for the identity protection plan...in fact... when I call to activate my card... the man tried to sell that to me... and I plainly said no, even though I could barely understand his english i'm more then sure he could understand me when I said no!... so it was done to my acct... without my permission... and have proof... also... I called my rewardzone master card customer service to make sure that my account would be refunded the 9.99... and that I would not be liable for any charges brounght up on my acct. because of the 9.99 charge... he said that any charges brought on because of this... will be credited back to my acct... i'm hoping that they won't try to scam me out of more money. so anyone who is thinking that getting a bestbuy card is a good idea... run away!!! I wish I wouldn't have gotten it.
Je

Comments

Ra
  9th of Apr, 2007

HSBC - Unsolicited interest charges
India

Despite making payments in time, HSBC has billed me unsolicited interest charges and that too incremental, obviously, I did not pay them these wrong Debits on my card.

HSBC is thus cheating people who generally takes things as right and do not look into the details of it.

Despite making several complaints, HSBC has not resolved my issue with any proper clarification except refusing to address my concern and insisting on payments.

HSBC is not even willing to inform about options available to resolve this and not even informing contacts of Ombudsman for such issues.

Friends, be aware of such Cr. Card companies who enjoy on your hard earned money.
Sc
  10th of Apr, 2007
Whos fault is it for not reading the fine print. Life now is all about the fine print if you don't read it your just as at fault.
Da
  9th of Aug, 2007
Now this is not a complaint solely on the business practices of hsbc, although I promised their supervisor I would be filing a formal complaint with the b. b. b.in some form.

Recently I had the honor of receiving a phone call from an hsbc bank (our credit card) customer service call. I picked up the phone and heard nothing... then a distant and crackled voice whispered..."is an... ddddrr... drea??? there? huh!

I immediately put my youngest son down to bed and freed myself to wonder what kind of numbskull in this day and age could not pronounced the name andrea. not a good start in my book for this c. s. rep. when it became clear in my mind who she was referring to I responded by asking her who this was and what company she was calling from. she (american) spoke a kind of crackled and sloppy english that let me know exactly what this character did last night... and was continuing to do on her early morning trips to the restroom. she sounded as though she had been doped up and placed in a tin can to be opened at a later date. that time unfortunately had to be now. when I asked her what her name is she said"linda..."I couldn't make out the last name. when it became evident that this young tripper was not going to be of any use to me I asked to speak to her supervisor. she immediately told me he was on a phone call"i'll hold"I said. after several attempts by lin-duh to get me to end the call because mr. supervisor was (not going to be happy with lin-duh) busy I belted. finally he came over the phone and asked what he could do to help. I only asked him one thing before I began" do you now or have you ever hired someone under the influence of a controlled substance? I then asked him if he would replay the call back for him and all his co-workers and then have human resources rethink this one. my guess is if she is within her 30 days of employment there is still a chance for you to do the world some good. but they probably hired this one based on a quota so nothing will get done.
Bi
  25th of Sep, 2007

HSBC - Poor service!
India

One of the hsbc agent came to my office, showing lucrative offers on the credit card, although I applied for a maximum amount of 25,000 inr while I got the card I found that the max limit is 50,000. but the wrong thing was that, they have sent me one extra credit card which has my mother's name on that, when I tried to contact the hsbc customer. I found it a totally nonsense and useless thing it is asking for some internet pin which I haven't received yet, so now am afraid that they may charge some amount on that unwanted card also. I need to reject that card, so I need some suggestion from you people.

Thanks n regards,
Bibhu.
Al
  26th of Sep, 2007

Canada

To whom it may concern:

I am alexander v. castro and I have a hsbc mabuhay miles visa card which secured it in the philippines. I received a written report from hsbc retail services limited 5100 rue sherbrooke est, suite 100 montreal, quebec h1v 3r9, informing me for a dissapproval of loan. f. y. i. I did not make any loan at any hsbc branch here in canada. I am sure someone else is using myvisa card they think that it has a huge credit limit. please reject the loan if you will receive a request again in the near future.

Please feel free to contact me at 413-5466057 please call me anytime of the day.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Alexander v. castro
Sa
  12th of Nov, 2007

Dear sir,
this is compalint regarding credit card statement, which is showing the finace charges leived on statement eventhough, I haven't got the statement timely, if credit card statement is not reaching timely with customer so how can hsbc put the finance charges on statement.

I have paid the actual amount of credit card, but I will not pay the finance and late charges. because it's not my fault, hsbc should improve their service instaed of giving the headache to customer.

Pls rectify this problem and close this.

Regards,
Sanjay
Gb
  11th of Dec, 2007
HSBC is a scam bank! Get a lawyer, quick! They have only just begun to hammer you.
Gb
  11th of Dec, 2007
This is their game. they either do not send your statement at all, or they send it so late that you do not have time to get the payment to them. they even have it fixed so you can't pay them online, without a 2-3 day delay.

Hsbc is a bunch of crooks! beware!
Ma
  9th of Jan, 2008

United Arab Emirates

HSBC Dubai are without a doubt the worst bank I have ever had the misfortune to bank with. Having been an HSBC banker in the UK, I assumed that the level of professionalism would be the same. WRONG!!!

On the 27th December as normal a transfer was made from my UAE account to my UK account to cover my UK mortgage. Having checked my account in the UK 5 days later I noticed that my funds were far less than they should have been. On checking in more detail I noticed that the transfer from the UAE had not reached my UK account. On contacting HSBC I was told that the money had been transfered, so I began to explain that this was not the case. I was told that we would look into this for you and call you back. No call back. So I called again, this time I was told there was a problem with the sort code and could I confirm it please. I then asked how could there be an issue with the sort code when you had carried out the same transfer for the last 5 months. The answer I received was that of silence, followed by I am sorry but we are looking into it for you. Well this conversation went on for 20mins and no end result, but they assured me I would get a call back. Call back never happened, so once again I called HSBC, I again asked what was happening to my money, we are looking into it for you. Ok let me speak to a supervisor (if thats what you would call him), yes sir your money has been transfered. hang on I was just told there was still an issue, o'yes I can see that there is a problem with the sort code. Here we go again. Here I am on the 9th Jan, 14 days since the money was taken from my account and still it has not been transfered. However they have been quick enough to deduct the transfer charge, and when I ask who will pay my UK bank charges the reply is I am sorry Sir can you give us 24hrs. If you want a word of advise do not bank with HSBC especially if you value your money. Very POOR!!!
He
  17th of Jan, 2008
Hsbc, I agree, is a terrible bank to deal with if you are a mere retail customer. I bank with both in the us and the uk and am charged $40 each transfer between the two, I received letters demanding money without apology, i've had charges that do not add up, and I have never had my complaints answered. I was told by one customer services representative in india that the nature of the business these days is that you can never meet with someone in person and have to do everything by telephone so I would not be able to have my complaints answered ever by someone in the flesh. after 12 years with hsbc, I am now moving banks.
Br
  27th of Jan, 2008

HSBC

Hsbc (phone number 800-684-8429) calls our number three to four times a day at all times of the day. hsbc asks for a certain person that does not live at our home and does not have our phone number. we have told them this on numerous occasions. they were told this three times yesterday, 1-26-08, but they called again the night of 1-26-08 and again the morning of 1-27-08. this has been going on for at least six months. our number is on both the national and the state do not call list. we would like the harassment to stop. we have no relation whatsoever with hsbc, nor do we want one now or ever.
Tr
  27th of Jan, 2008
I had this same problem tell them if they dont stop calling you will contac the atterney general and your lawyer because harassment is against the law thats what i did...
Sl
  21st of Mar, 2008
They did the same thing with me even though I turned down the protection plan and despite paying all payments on time, they say I'm over limit. I'm going to try to pay this thing completely off asap. These people are crooks! Run away!
Ma
  18th of Apr, 2008

HSBC - Rude customer &care&, late fees
HSBC card services
Greenwood
Indiana

I got a credit card with this company about 8 months ago and have regretted it ever since. the main issue that I have with them is that I tried to pay off my account, paying the entire amount that it said I owed last month. I figured since I paid off everything I owed, my account should be down to zero. well, I was checking my e-mail the other day and was surprised to find that they said I still owed $45 in interest, as well as a $10 late fee for not paying on time. my husband called to get the late fee refunded, and one of the very helpful "customer care" agents (they should be embarrased to call it that) hung up on him when he asked to speak to a manager. I called back and got a manager, but he was just as rude as the agents and even less helpful. I finally paid off what they said I supposedly owed, just because i'm five months pregnant and i'm sick of dealing with them, I have more important things to worry about. I will never get another hsbc credit card again and I highly recommend no one else does either.
Ro
  18th of Apr, 2008
I feel the same way. we were told we owed $3oo some dollars. we paid it off and got a bill for another $145 the following month. these people are ridiculous!
Va
  19th of May, 2008

www.hsbc.com

Oh, HSBC I'm so upset with you. The constant calls. I've made a payment arrangement with you, one of your India/Afghanistan reps agreed to it and you still constantly call. It's so sickening to think that you need to harass people in such a way. I would agree the calls need to be made, if the payment arrangement wasn't made, but it was, so STOP CALLING!!! It's not like you aren't making money with the overly high interest rate, or the break you getting in wages by having the calls made from another country about your accounts. You must be Republican!! Want your money but not willing to pay the wages to help you make that money. Your company will not get any help from me reference wise, and I'll ask all my friends who have dealerships in my area to not associate with your finance company in the future.
An
  19th of May, 2008

Illinois

I have been with hsbc for almost 20 years... a few years ago I had credit problems and was delinquent on a few payments but was caught up within 60 days. my current apr with hsbc is 30.9%... I called their customer service department to ask if there's any way to lower their apr to which the rep and his account manager both replied "there is no way we can lower your rate because you had a delinquent period on your account in the past". I had credit cards with discover and never did they jack my rate even half that high.

Bottom line is don't ever do business with hsbc, they will stick it to you if you ever miss a couple payments.
Lo
  22nd of May, 2008
I think that your bank is the worst bank ever am going to tell everyone I know who has an account with you to shut down their accounts and join llyods tsb. who do you think you are, 1st you have screwed my boyfriend by freezing his account which was your mistake not his because you got his and some other persons account mixed up so you decide he cant use his account even though he has proof he was getting paid off work hes worked for 5 months and had no wages cause of you because you took his own money out, then not paying the settlement he is owed that got settled in court then you have the ordasity to moan that you have to pay interest on top because of your stupid mistake, you dont no how to run a bank without ripping off your clients, your the most pathetic bank in the world just a horrible selfish greedy bank well your going to lose clients cause I know at least 60 people who are with you like family, family freinds and other people and am going to spread the word for them to leave before you rip them off, aslo I heard a story the other day about a man who got a £10, 000 loan with you's and he had a contract to say he had to pay £200 a month back but then he got made redundant and got a cheque for £17, 000 and you went into his account and took the £10, 000 out without his permission even though you had a contract and he had paid £600 off the loan, you people make me sick and I am going to tell everyone that story aswell you are going to wish you and never screwed my boyfriend over just wait and see the results!!
Ri
  23rd of May, 2008
Beware HSBC Discover Card. You can go online and make a payment on the due date, however, HSBC will not submit the payment until the next day resulting in a forty dollar late fee. Also, if you are close to the credit limit this will put it over resulting in another forty dollar charge.
So
  2nd of Jul, 2008

www.hsbc.com

Upon receiving credit card from hsbc one month ago they call me night ^& day everyday & the weekends solicitous phone calls although i have continually asked their supervisor to be taken off their call list and yelled my head off. It is repugnant they just don't stop i have filed complaint with consumer affairs what else should i do??? And their fees i was hit with 45.00 fee for transferring 150.00 from another card. I did not see that they were going to charge that amount of money on t he application now they say it was in the fine print.

HSBC Holdings Logo HSBC Holdings