HSBC Dubai UAE / lies

1 Dubai, United Arab Emirates Review updated:

On the 19th March HSBC, deducted 29000 plus dirhams out of my account. This was to reduce a loan I had with them. The excuse they gave for doing this without any authorisation was that they had been trying to get hold of me, 'umpteen times, said Shiva, the floor manager. Its funny how they had my ex-wifes number, had not updated my po box address, said they sent an email and even though they had my correct mobile number had never managed to contact me. All this while it was clear I was still in the country as transactions were being done on my account. The reason they decided to deduct my account with this amount, while strangely leaving my other accounts untouched, is because they thought I had left the country and would be leaving a bad debt, yeah guys thats why I was paying money in! Lies that they tried to contact me umpteen times and blatant lies on the phone when I rang upset to find out what on earth they were doing with my account. If some halfwit had actually taken the trouble to actually ring and check my account activity they would see I was still in the country. I shall be closing my account afte 8 years with these idiots.

Comments

• On
      31st of Mar, 2009

BOSS YOU ARE AN ### YOU KNOW THAT . YOU ARE BLAMING HSBC WHY THE HELL YOU DID NOT MAKE YOUR LOAN PAYMENTS ON TIME. WHILE TAKING THE LOAN HSBC WAS GOOD NOW WHEN THEY WNAT THERE MONEY ON TIME FROM YOU THEY ARE LIARS. ###ER GO AND GET YOURSELF EXAMINED BY A DOCTER BECAUSE YOU ARE CRAZY NOT THEM. MAKE SURE BEFORE YOU ACCUSE ANYONE. THANKGOD THAT THEY TOOK THE MONEY AND SETTLED YOUR LOAN COMPARED TO OTHER BANKS WHERE THEY REPORT TO IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT WHEN THEY DO NOT RECEIVE THEIR PAYMENTS NOWDAYS. SO I WOUDL SAY YOU ARE A ### AND A LIAR YOURSELF.

I FEEL NO BANK SHOULD MAKE A PERSON LIKE YOU STAND AT THEIR DOOR ..

ONE MORE REASON FOR YOU TO BE A LIAR AS YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR IDENTITY HIDDEN IF YOU HAVE BALLS WRITE YOUR NAME .

• Al
      31st of Mar, 2009

Dear All,

Is there a reason this foul individual, who probably works for HSBC, is allowed to post comments of this vile nature? Can he be banned please, its as if he is taking personally the problems inherent at this Bank. Of course if HSBC does employ people like this, then perhaps we do have some justification in our complaints?!

To those of you who can read and are literate here are some answers to the questions posed by this ever so zealous individual.

1) I was making the loan payments
    2) They refunded my account within 24hours of my complaint without admitting their mistake
    3) I have put my name unlike One Nice Guy, who quite plainly isnt very nice at all.

I wait with baited breath the reply and to see if (he?) prints his name. I doubt it as I would have a case for defammation. I will of course be happy to report him to the police for his rather unkind and offensive name calling. Perhaps he is an inadequate in real life and is using this forum to bolster his ego by name calling. Dear oh dear what a sad and pathetic way of life.

I also will not be indulging this person with a reply should they answer. Life is too short, but one can dream of them playing with traffic on the Shk Zayed Road...

Bonsoir dear friends...

• On
      2nd of Apr, 2009

my dear freind,

this is the problem with you, you have taken me wrong, i am no employee of hsbc neither i have anything to do with anyone who works for hsbc. In your previous mail you have mentioned that you were charged but you did not mention that they immidiately refunded you so i would say you are lying to peopel on this board.

So again i would like to remind you be sure of what you want to convey to everyone on this board.

Take care
    be careful on what you write as people are no fools here

• Ah
      5th of Apr, 2009

one nice guy you better shut up your foul mouth. why dont you soap your mouth? oh sorry, you dont use soap and maybe dont know soap.

anyway, these banks have arrogant attitudes! arrogant!

alburnie, it is nice to note that HSBC apologized after erring. i'm happier to know that you ceased your relationship with HSBC. service providers with this kind of attitude don't deserve customers. bah! what do they know about customer service.

i bet HSBC's board of directors is full of people akin to one nice guy. lol.

use some soap boy! use them on your mouth and i bet you stink too. wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

call me here one nice guy! 050 455 6776

• Kh
      5th of Apr, 2009

Hi! I have an account with HSBC also. I shifted to them because I liked the service they were giving especially during "happy times" (before recession. And though they have their fair share of "issues" on customer service and delay on responses, the good thing is they do respond. But it is also important to follow up on them which I do until I get what I need or want. I personally could forgive them for all these except for one incident wherein they reduced my credit limit on Dec. 31st last year without any prior notice. I found out about it when I called to check my credit card's outstanding balance. It was a surprise since I knew I still had more on my card. But since my memory can be like a sieve at times with numbers, I kept quiet.

When I checked all my statements, I found out I was right so I called them and brought this to their attention. To cut a long story short, the amount they took was refunded and they increased my limit, not the same as it was but enough to remove the excess.

The thing is, most customer services are outsourced to other companies or countries. Nowadays, due to the demand, almost anyone who can pick up the phone is allowed to do such an important job--customer service.

3rd of May, 2009

Few days ago I received one email from HSBC bank Uae from update@hsbc.ae, that I log on my bank account through online banking and win 250 thousand uae dirham, before received the email some of my friends who are already account holders in HSBC uae advice me open an account in HSBC use but after received the mail there is Question mark when HSBC uae cannot secure there email server then how can they secure our account now please suggest me is this ok to open and account in HSBC uae or not, the email not from any personal yahoo or hotmail id email from HSBC own email server……

• Or
      17th of Sep, 2009

Salam mansoor

Well regarding the email you received, always remember which ever bank account
    Have these sort of scams do happen, what I mean to say is never respond to
    Any email where they ask for your account details, or to confirm any personal information
    As such.I believe what we need to do is be aware of these things and always. Play safe
    If u receive a link via email to access to win large amount of cash or price
    First thing to do is contact the bank customer service immediately and confirm witg them
    These are precaution messures we need too follow to be safe from fraud
    Or any sort of scam.personally I have an account with hsbc, and this bank
    Always puts safety and security first in every aspect.
    My. Advice open the account with them

• Fa
      8th of Oct, 2010

i have taken loan from hsbe in 2008 but i lost my jpb on 25.1.2010.my company sen my all dues to my account which thay deduct from my account.but some amount is remaining which i have to pay . now i am in pakistan but i am planning to go back to uae.i want to pay my out standing but i dont know about it, how i have to pay.please advise me.
    my account number is..011 061256 001

14th of Aug, 2011

Who is the ### who defended HSBC? I had the same thing happen to me, and I have file 20 inches thick of correspondence with the bank after attempting to contact them by phone, paper, fax and in person to pay my card debt over 2 years. I have also filed complaints with their legal department, and STILL have heard nothing back.

Instead of talking out of your backside, if you do work for the bank why dont you set up a regulatory department to monitor the behavior of some of their employees (particularly one person in their legal department in DIC, who supposedly set up a payment plan for me that no one can find...what did he think I was visiting him for, a date??)