HSBC Discover Card / account closure - will not reinstate

HSBC Card Services
Phone: 1-888-333-2201
I have paid over $1000.00 in 30 days and they CLOSED my card a month ago! Payment arrangements were made to bring my account current. The customer service representative confirmed that the payment arrangement was acceptable and would bring me current on my account. He forgot to tell me that the date I agreed to make the payment was 2 days AFTER the cycle date. Therefore their "system" revoked the card and closed it TWO DAYS before I made the agreed upon payment. The card was closed over a month ago. Since then I have made more payments, talked to reps on the phone, had available credit displayed online, and did not find out the card was closed until it declined at a merchant. I called and spoke to an Account Supervisor and a Floor Supervisor and was assured that there is NOTHING that can be done to reinstate the card. So be careful, you may feel reasurred and confident that you are doing the "right thing" but all your fate lies in the imaginary hands of the "System." Oh, one more thing, I have not been able to access the companies Terms & Conditions online for the last 4 days (and I have tried from my home PC as well as my office PC). hmmmmm, something does not seem right.

A  12th of Mar, 2009 by
I agree! HSBC Discover is god-like in their actions. My card was closed because I have not used it for 180 days and I carry a ZERO DOLLAR balance!
The ### closed it because I pay in full and on time!
I HEAT THIS KIND OF CRAP! They should be held accountable. The fat white boys in the board room should be castrated, along with their children, so we do not breed any more of those god-like megalomaniacs. They have automated systems. They are SOOO proud of that. It would be nice if their web geek could be directed to let people know that there has not been enough activity to suit the Master's wishes. Just a few line of code and there would be at least one less, pissed off, FORMER FOREVER cardholder! I will not do business with these jerks and automatons.

HSBC Holdings Logo HSBC Holdings