HSBC Credit Card / finance charges

1 Carol Stream, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1 800 535 2460

Opened a new younkers acct.in august. my first bill was sent to des moines in my maiden name to another persons address. this is 250 miles away from my address. I didn't get a bill at my address. I called a cust. rep. at hsbc on 11/08/07 because the person in des moines who received the bill called me and told me. I told the hsbc rep. I would pay the bill in full but wanted the finance charges removed. she said she would and understood the situation. I asked her to send me a bill so I knew where to send the payment. she said she would I waited for the bill to come and was ready to send payment asap but the bill didn't even show up until 12/3/07. and when it did it had finance charges tacked on. (younkers card arrived 12/01/07)
I called and asked them to remove the charges. I spoke with abagail #330 at hsbc and she was rude and bullying and blamed me because I didn't receive the bill. how can I send payment if I don't know were to send it? I will pay what I owe, but the finance charges are out of line. I even called a younkers store manager and she tried to go to bat for me. no luck. I am sending the check certified mail and closing the account. I was on hold with hsbc for a very long time and then reps are rude. be sure to look closely when you sign up for a store credit card and if it is hsbc don't do it.

Ju

Comments

• Gb
      11th of Dec, 2007

Same old crap, I applied for a balance to be transfer from another card, because of the 0% offered. They never informed me that they had paid off the other card, and in the meantime I had another card pay off the balance, and then I got a statement from the paid off card showing a $6000 credit. I had to call them to find out that the balance had been paid by the two different cards. Didn't get my first bill, next bill had $39 late charge and the 0% interest raised to 9.99%, I called, was told they would send a duplicate statement, waited for the "duplicate" bill for 3 weeks. THIS IS HOW THEY SCAM YOU OUT OF THE 0% INTREST, that the advertise. PRETTY TRICKY, HUH? I received next months bill a week later, paid all due. I waited 1 week and made another payment, then paid the next bill on time. The next bill had 2 late charges, and I was then paid a month in advance. I called, they took off the 2 late charges. The next bill had 2 late charges, and raised my interest rate to 34.99%. I am paying off the whole mess and getting away this bunch of con artist.
    I cannot believe that General Motors let this bunch of weasels handle their FlexCard.

If anyone is interested in joining together for a Class Action Suit against this bunch of crooks, let me know.

• Ka
      17th of Feb, 2008

I paid my balnce due in full last month. I now have a statement with a balance due of 1.10. When I pay a balance in full by the due date, I don't expect to owe any further amounts. I would appreciate a prompt reply as this 1.10 balance is due 02/18/2008.

Thank-you,

Sincerely,
    Kathy Morrison

• Ca
      16th of Jul, 2008

They are the creditor for kawasaki, and thus i am financed through them. First month went fine, i am paying double my minimum. Next two months i see there is a finance charge??? what for??? its $57 the first month and $61 the next month, i dont understand.

Why am i being charged a finance fee? This makes no sense.

• Sh
      19th of Sep, 2008

MY BILL IS DUE TODAY I WENT TO THE YOUNKERS CUST SERV TO PAY YESTERDAY..THEY COULD NOT GET MY BALANCE AND SAID TO GO ON INTERNET. NO INTERNET ADD ON MY BILL. NO PERSON AVAILABLE THROUGH PHONE CALLS ALL WEEK AND FROM THE YOUNKERS STORE. IWOULD LIKE TO PAY ONLINE NOW..TODAY...BUT HOW?
    HELP I DON'T WANT A SERVICE OR LATE CHARGE BECAUSE OF THIS!

13th of Nov, 2008

I HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME.

• My
      16th of Apr, 2009

I have been going through the same situation. Today is 4days before due day, but they don't allow me to pay my bill. It doesn't any make sense. And, the persons in customer serv.who were talking with my husband were really in bad manner and rude.

• Ru
      26th of Jun, 2010

I'm having similar issues with HSBC and if there's a class action lawsuit, I want in. I had a final balance of 4000.00 on my account. I saved the money, called them directly and paid them over the phone. The HSBC rep I spoke to told me the balance was paid off and that I would be receiving the clear title to my Suzuki in the mail. I hung up the phone and watched my account and for 3 days the money didn't come out of my account. Once the money left my account, I received the title in the mail about 3 weeks after that. The following month I received a bill from HSBC for $67 and some change on a zero balance account. HSBC has done everything they could do to keep me in debt to them the entire time. I missed a payment and they jumped, no they pounced at the opportunity to raise my rate to the max. They found every angle they could work to charge me if i paid early or late. twice when a payment was sent it, it was receive a day early and they processed it as quickly as possible before the next cycle. That way the payment wouldn't go for the proper month it was due. Then the next month I would find that I conveniently missed a payment. But when a payment is in on time, and its close to the end of the cycle, they mysteriously hold the payment till its past due. This company needs to be investigated. Its unethical in its dealings and should be held accountable for its crooked actions.

• Bo
      12th of Nov, 2011

I applied for a Younkers credit card not knowing that Younkers did not handle thier own credit accounts. I received my bill in the mail so I didnt include the bill in my list. I normally paid the bill entirely as soon as I received it in the mail. For some reason HSBC set my account to online - how I do not know. I realized I had not received a bill in the mail so I called to check - this is when I learned I was supposed to pay it online. I incurred late pay fees. I complained and HSBC set it back to mailing my monthly bill. Again it happened so I finally asked HSBC to close my account. I will never buy at Younkers again.