HSBC Credit Card / hsbc credit card never used; still bill of 3500/-

India Review updated:

I never used the credit card ; I still got bill of rs 3500/-.
Further I get threatening sms and letters to pay the bill in 24 hours.

It's really painful.

Name : sameer shelar
My card number is: [protected]

I got hsbc credit card when hsbc representative visited our company last year.

I never used this credit card; still the card bill went up to 3500/- rs.

1>to cancel the credit card I cut the card into 3 pieces and dropped into hsbc atm drop box, 2 months back.

2>since then I was receiving daily sms threatening that “please pay the outstanding amount within 24 hours”.

3>I called the hsbc helpdesk 5-6 times; they said that they are in process of cancellation and I will get a confirmation call in couple of days.

4>but I never received the confirmation call to cancel the card.

5>in spite of this I received 2 monthly statements from hsbc stating the outstanding bill amount more than 3500/-

To get rid of this pain I have approached my company and informed them about the pain I am suffering from hsbc; I also requested them not to provide hsbc creditcards to company employees.

Now I am posting this issue on many websites through which I can create awareness in people not to use hsbc credit card.

The most important "the consumer forum"; if it is still not solve, I am going to register a complaint with consumer forum.

Hope this will solve my problem,
-sameer shelar
Hsbc card no: [protected]
Mobile no: +[protected]

Comments

20th of Apr, 2008
I have exactly the same problem and in my case the amount outstanding is more than 8000.
Sameer, how did you resolve the issue ?
I think if there is an annual or renewal fee, the consent of the cardholder needs to be taken before renewal.
Ju
  5th of May, 2008
They are famous for changing due dates and adding excessive late fees just to put your account over what you have actually charged. This is fraud in the extremist sense. Therefore action is being taken by Congress to correct these abuses by credit card companies. HSBC is the leader in it next to Capital One.
Ra
  8th of Aug, 2008
Dear sir,
Its unfortunate thaqt my credit card no4476929994779699
Which i never used in any PVR and Pizza huts, i have been continuosly charged for non use my card and neither i have agrred for any lifer insurance in Tata AIg through HSBC cr card for those unused amount, they had reversed it too but till now i am getting the bill and penalty for my unused trnsaction, pls set wright this and help me close the issue
Ramesh k n
Da
  15th of Sep, 2008
hsbc agents came to my office and made my credit card .iwas paying all payments before time .i put advance cheques in their dropbox.once they send my statement late i immedately paid to them.after that they started sending me bill of late fees.service charges i stopped to use their card and make 4 pieces and put them in their box but still they are sending bills and sms.thought i have nothing to pay them.save me from hsbc credit card
Am
  16th of Feb, 2009
Hi Friend,

Same thing happeened with me too.

Since I obtained HSBC gold credit card I didn't use it at all but I recived credit card statement of 4000 & then after 1 year I got another statement with 10000.

When I tried to contact HSBC bank no one helping.

HSBC service is very pathetic.Do not get any product from HSBC.
  28th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I Vinod Chandnani My Credit Card No.4384599989858666

I haven't used this card any time Sinse I have recived this card. I am getting bill regularly. I have contacted many times to the administration. They told me thay we have given you TATA'S insurance policy. when I Objected on that, than they told we will reverse the insurance charges. I was satisfied with the answer & was waiting for the correction in the billing but I was Charged / Billed By Late Fees Also. Two-Three months back I recived call from the Bank Staff Mr. AMIT JI /JAIPUR BRANCH, I told the Same Problem to him. He Also Assured Me & Asked Me To Pay RS 100/-Immediatly & give him time for four-five days to settle the problem, but till today the problem is as it was. I haven't remove the card from the paper when they sent me the card. Today I have recived bill of Rs 7951.01. This Card Was given on My Insurance Policy Free For Life Time from their sales Exucutives.
I want immediate help
email adress chandnani.vinod@gmail.com
Ch
  12th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I CHIRAG B.PATEL I HAVE H S B C CLASSICS CREDIT CARD NO= 4476 9299 9635 7411 WHICH I DIDN'T PURCHESE OR I DIDN'T USE ANY WHERE .BUT I GOT MONTHLY STATMENT TO PAID ROUND ABOUT R.S.1500. IT HAS FRAUDE WITH ME .SO PLEASE SORT OUT MY PROBLEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. MY E-MAIL ADRESS IS (bachu_heena79@ymail.com) please send me reply.
  8th of Jun, 2009
This is how HSBC Credit card runs its business that in India through fraud, threat & irregular financial practices.

They try to extract large amounts of money from people in middle class families with jobs, to generate work & money for their employees, to grow their company in India.

As soon as Govt of India and RBI realise that they are harassing their people they should be out of business in India.

Vicky
De
  24th of Aug, 2009
Hi
I am also facing the same type of threatning SMS from HSBC.
I have never used the card.
Now I am getting SMS as the outstanding paument is 3300.00 and the minimum amount to be paid with in 24 hours.
Even, I don't know the card number itself.
Please let me know, whom should I write.
Devendran
Pr
  5th of Apr, 2010
Same here, almost 2yrs back i was convinced/forced to take the HSBC card by an Executive by telling all his personal problems, he did not mention/update me anything about the TATA AIG insurance, he just told me that it was a life time free card. After 3 months i saw a statement from the HSBC bank asking me to pay some 300 /-, when i called them they said that the amount will be cleared within 15 days, but got another statement of 800/- after which i asked to cancel the card but even now i am getting the statements and the amount is piled up to 8000/-.

Even after so many phone calls and emails there is no justification from the bank.
Can somebody tell how to resolve this issue?

Praveen