HSBC Branch in Rockville, MD / ugly service

1 200 E MIDDLE LNRockville, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1.800.975.4722

This is a horrible deplorible company... unacceptable.. their people starting from cashiers to manager don't know what they are doing. I went to this branch to open a new checking account with a check payable to me from their own bank, I approached the cashier and asked him if the check and account was good he turned around and checked with their manager on site and said that it was OK. A couple of days later I went and withdraw $4, 950 dollars cash from the account. A couple of days later I got a call from the manager of the branch Mr. Tony Nguy - saying that the check wasn't good and the money needed to be returned. I stope by the branch the following day, returned the money and asked him to close the account since they where going to charme $3 monthly fee and obviously they didn't know what they were doing. He told me that he would take care of this and a month later I got a statement saying that I owed $34.10, when I went to pay for this with my credit card Mr. Nguy said that I have to pay with cash because it was in collection. What a bunch of incompetent people they are, they have no customer service skills at all. DO NOT USE THIS BRANCH OR BANK FOR THAT MATTER.

Ja

Comments

30th of Jul, 2009

i hope that someone is paying attention since this is rigth they have horrible service overall.

30th of Jul, 2009

It happened to me too. Mr. Nguy doesn't know what he is doing.

• Ls
      30th of Jul, 2009

Mr. Nguy has no knowledge of his services and no skills while dealing with customers. I don't understand why this company will have a person like this as a manager and their cashiers are new everytime and don't know what they are doing.

• At
      22nd of Aug, 2009

Lamentably, Mr. Nguy's career in 'Personal Banking' seems in jeoprody. At a time that sees so many banks losing deposits and customers for lack of good customer relationship management, the last thing customers and banks need is a poor experience with a bank employee, much less a manager. I had the unfortunate experience of meeting Mr. Nguy just this morning. It was my intention to deposit a six figure sum in the bank in exchange for a certificate of deposit.

I have banked all over the world and yet I have never been so humiliated by a bank employee. Mr. Nguy treated me and my business associate like ###. I was interrogated with reference to the extent of my financial assets, and I was pressured into making an appointment with a wealth management consultant. I can only surmise that HSBC's Rockville branch is in trouble. As well capitalized as this bank is, upper level management should reconsider their current training, employee selection and customer relationship management protocols.

All banks are acting in a poor manner towards their current customers as cash is in short supply even as expenses loom overhead- I see it every-time that I bank at other establishments in town as well. But for a branch manager of a high profile bank with an International footprint to treat a customer with large sums of cash in hand the way that I was treated, is not only reprehensible, it's downright childish.

HSBC will not get very far if this is the best that they can do. I was told that most of this branch's customers are diplomats around Washington. I think not. I operate amongst the corps diplomatique in the city and I can assure you that they will not be banking here.

• Od
      23rd of Nov, 2012

I used to have an account at this HSBC location.
    The service is bad. Tony was the manager, but he did not set a standard for his people.
    In fact, he was among the worst!