HSBC Best Buy Credit Card / late payment/intrest lies

1 TX, United States Review updated:

Well, i'm writing this in hopes of detering anyone from getting a credit card from these jackals. i got a card from them in feb. with a credit line of 1000 u.s.d$. i intended to only make a few small charges here and there, never to go over 200$. well, while i was there they informed me that if i didnt spend over 500$ i wouldn't get 0 financing for 12 months. so ended up choosing the "approved items" for 0 percent financing for 12 months and actually went to 550$. so i figured everything would be smooth sailing from here. as time went by some unforeseen car trouble came about and i decided to pay the minimum for the first two months, on top of that i always paid online 1 or 2 weeks in advance. sadly, i just got a letter from HSBC saying i had late payments, so it jumped my balance over about 100$. to make matters worse, it claimed that the interest would take effect in august. i'm not a mathmatician, but thats only 6 months. i'm going to do my best to get rid of this plague, and talking with those fools is like talking to a wall. not only do they not care... but i can't even understand them, that is when they're making sense, which is hardly ever. don't get suckered like me, get a personal loan from a bank... anything but them. i really hope they end up like circut city. what goes around comes around douche bags!!!

p.s.- if the company is reading this... let me know of you want my soul too. hah

HSBC Best Buy Credit Card

Comments

• Wo
      16th of May, 2009

Don't trust HSBC Plus Account Advice from UK
    Read the smallest print "hidden away terms" then get your lawyer to check it out.

If you join HSBC PLUS ACCOUNT pay £12.95 per month (lock-in 12 months) you will be offered lots of goodies and promises, like.

“We'll also not charge you any HSBC ATM transaction fees for cash withdrawals made abroad”.

Make a £500 withdrawal transaction abroad, from their approved ATM machine. Then HSBC will effectively, plunder your account and will remove £13.75. without showing a fee on your bank statement clearly not wanting you to notice because they have already taken your monthly £12.95 for this service?

When I noticed I asked for a refund but HSBC used FOUR managers taken ONE YEAR Four months and still reject my claim for a refund. Guess they don't want to set a precedent to refund to all such customers?

Oh yes! If you have a dispute with HSBC here in the UK they recommend that you go to the Financial Ombudsman Service...My experience is, don't waste your time, its not a Government Organization, its a QUAGO funded by the bank you are complaining about. They had my complaint for over nine months and failed me. The subject of a formal complaint against them.

Please read the 29 Aug 2007 “Advertising Standards Authority” Ruling
    Here is the link.

To be fair
    Please read HSBC’s defence

• Er
      13th of Jun, 2009

They ###ing suck, and scam you like crazy!!!

• De
      3rd of Jul, 2009

I hear you! HSBC and Best Buy work together to rob us of our hard earned money. I also bought a laptop for my daughers and it seems by the time I am through paying for it it will have cost me 3xs the amount. They change the monthly amount due so you are not aware that you have not paid enough when set up for online banking. Until you get the dreaded letter that In case you were not aware, HSBC Retail Services reports account condition to the three major credit...blah, blah, blah. The balance never seems to go down because of all their hidden fees. I started with minimum due of $67 a month. Then when I called the son of ### up they say will you need to pay more. Then I switched my online banking to $80 a month. It it's ok for a few months. Now i get a letter that I am $174.00 behind. So they can asested the $39.00 late fee. And the "Debt cancellation" charges is their greatest rob job. BEWARE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT WANTs TO APPLY FOR A BEST BUY ROB CHARGE CARD...don't do it!!!

8th of Feb, 2010

HSBC THEY SCAM PEOPLE THAT WORK HARD FOR THE THINGS THEY HAVE. PEOPLE LOST JOBS SO HSBC WILL CALL YOU AND TELL YOU THEY CAN HELP WITH THIER HARDSHIP PLAN JUST FILL OUT HE FORMS BUT YOU MUST MAKE ONE PAYMENT INORDER TO ENROLL IN THE PLAN SO YOU MAKE A FULL PAY MENT SEND IN ALL THE PAPER WORK INORDER TO KEEP YOUR HOME. THEN THEY CALL YOU AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PAYMENT AND TELL YOU THEY DID NOT RECEIVE THE PAPER WORK. SO YOU SEND IT 3 MORE TIMES THEN THE PERSON YOU ARE WORKING WITH INORDER TO KEEP YOUR HOME IS TRANSFERED AND YOU WIND UP WITH SOMEONE NEW THAT STARTS THE SAME THING OVER (WE NEED A PAYMENT IN ORDER TO KEEP THIS GOING WHEN ALL THE TIME THEY KNEW YOU WHERE DENIED BUT YET KEEP TRYING TO GET PAYMENTS OUT OF YOU. ALL THE BAD REPORTS i HAVE READ SHOWS HOW MUCH THEY REALY SUCK AS A BANKING INSITUTION YES THEY DO SUCK AND I WILL MAKE IT KNOWN . THERE ARE SO MANY MORE BANKS THAT ARE WILLING TO HELP THEIR CUSTOMERS KEEP THEIR HOMES wHY WOULD ANY ONE WANT TO GO WITH A S C A M FLY BY NIGHT BANK AS HSBC? TONY OLEANDI

• Gu
      10th of May, 2010

I agree with you all, but you know forget about HSBC, BestBuy are the biggest scammer out there. They are doing the biggest monopoly in the industry, I’ll never buy anything from BestBuy ever, there is no one out there who sell electronics after their rival “circuit city” closed, now so they taking an advantage of that, and don't care about customer service at all, and scamming everyone. Also don't go for Geek Squad they are the biggest scammers’ tooooooo...i bought a HP Laptop, 10 min after open it from the box find out the laptop hard drive is broken so i took it back next day, they refuess to take it and ask me to pay restocking fee. BESTBUY ARE THE BIGGEST AHOLES. BOYCOTT ... ... BESTBUY... EVERYONE, ...