HSBC Bank Chennai / hsbc-honestly speaking blind cheating!

1 India Review updated:

I had received a hsbc cridit card on 14/03/2008 along with an add on card in my aged mothers name from hsbc chennai. this add on card was given as a present to her & she had a horrible experience when she went out for lunch & shopping with her friends. the card was not an approved one, hope you can imagine what would have happened thereafter. on 23rd I took my nephew to ramkay agency adyar to present him with a two wheeler, on swiping I came to know that my card was cancelled by hsbc. brushing aside all the pathetic situation & insult, I called the customer care to know the reason, the executive and the incharge was not in a position to tell me the reason for cancellation of the card. pat came the answer that the manager would would call me back on my mobile and give me the reasons. till now & till date the honourable manager has not contacted me. the trauma which I went through because of hsbc is unbearable. I applied for the card just because the executives called 10 times a day begging me to apply on card to card basis. and when I do and get the card, hsbc cancels it without even informing me after providing the card. hsbc has my cell number and they could have had the courtesy to inform about the card block. my question is why did hsbc issue the card when you were going to cancel it even before any transcation took place.

Comments

• Dw
      17th of Sep, 2008

After all the stupid thigs that went around me by HSBC and Tata AIG . They are again back with a bang . I just called up Hsbc to check the balance and i have found that TATA AIG has taken away Rs 1420 for a policy .I had no information from TATA AIG as well as HSBC in this regrad. No, Calls were made to confirm the policy . No policy documents . Also, the HSBc has no idea where the money went.

After having taked such a long time i could expect the commitment from HSBC stating to call up TATA AIG and putting all the blame on TATA AIG. They just gave me a compliant no . and they will expect a answer only after 4 days .

THIS IS A SERIOUS OFFENCE FROM TATA AIG AS WELL AS HSBC For FLOATING MY CREDIT CARD TO A 3RD PARTY AND TATA AIG NOT INFOMING ME ABOUT THE POLICY AND TAKING MONEY FROM MY CREDIT CARD WITH NO ONE'S CONCERN.

The story goes back and i call up AIG they open up AND CHECK AND CONGRATULATE ME FOR HAVING A NEW POLICY WHICH I HAVE NEVER KNOWN. AND THE POLICY NUMBER IS HCP01000016403 AND THE CUSTOMER CARE WAS TELLING THAT HE WAS FROM A DIFFERENT DEPARTMENT AND HE WOULD NOT HELP . bUT HE GAVE A TWO NUMBERS WHICH I WOULD NOT EVEN KNOW :. aND I HOPE MY PHONE MENORY IS GOING FULL FOR HAVING THEM ON THE MEMORY .

There is no serious action taken as well as nothing to bother HSBC as they are only worried in getting money back from the CUSTOMER.
    AND ON TOP OF THEY THEY DONT HAVE ANY CURTOSIY IN CALLING BACK THE CUSTOMER AND SPEAKING RUDLY AS IT IS ENTIRELY THEIR MISTAKE .

I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS FINANCIAL TIE UP BETWEEN BOTH THE COMPANY TO CHEAT PEOPLE AND FRUSTATE THEM FOR HAING THEIR CREDIT CARD. MY PHONE BILL HAS ALREADY CROSSED RS 1000 AND I ADVICE HSBC TO HAVE A TIE UP WITH CELL PHONE COMPANY SO THAT THEY CAN PLAY THEIR CHEAP TRICS MORE .

FOR MORE I have RECORDED ALL THE CONVESATIONS WITH THE CUSTOMER CARE NAD THIS IS A legal NOTICE THAT I AM NOT AFRAID TO TAKE THE ISSUE LEAGALLY . I AM ALREADY IN THE PROCESS OF THAT ONLY .

• Ni
      7th of Oct, 2008

I totally agree with all this.
    Something similar has happened with me also.
    I applied for HSBC credit card, didnt get it for 3 months and after that they sent me a bill for no reasons.
    This is simply disgusting banking service they are providing in the name of MNCs.
    First they are giving endless pesky calls to get a free credit card in the name of some phoney discounts/offers and after that following such sleazy practices.

2nd of Feb, 2009

I strongly agree this. This is clearly cheating, I'm also one of the victim. Finally canceled the card as well as the policy.