HR National / Fraud and cheating

My husband and I are moving across country and were looking for homes on craigslist.com, which I am generally wary of. We found a home that we liked and contacted the number provided. We were connected to HR National, and the service was explained to us. We were told that the home we wanted was no longer available, but that many other homes were available in the area we were looking. We could sign up for the website for $1.95 for seven days, provided we cancel the service before the seven days were up. Otherwise, the service is $49.95 per month.

I signed up on January 12, 2009. I checked the website, and it was terrible. There were no pictures on the site, and the information was mediocre at best. I canceled the service January 16, 2009, and received an email confirmation. Since signing up, my bank account has been charged as follows:

January 14 - $1.95
January 23 - $49.95
January 26 - $49.95
January 30 - $1.00
January 30 (again) - $49.95

I have called customer service numerous times. The website provides this number: 888.849.9965, but I was emailed this number: [protected]

Customer service has promised my money returned, but each time I call it seems they charge me again! I have spoken to the floor supervisor and have been argued with by the customer service personnel. I was told just today that they only charged me $1.95 and that my bank must be mistakenly charging me! Then I was told by the supervisor the charges were probably from 'technical difficulties'. I have filed a report with the Better Business Bureau and my bank is currently investigating this company.

PLEASE stay away from anything to do with HR National. My husband and I are very internet savvy and aware of scams. I was wary at first but the HR National website seems legitimate. It is quite a sophisticated scam.

Ro

Comments

• Su
      3rd of Jun, 2016

I really think that this is a scam... I did join using the 7 day trial for an 1.95 to get my listing of the $375 / 1br - Furnished and luxurious 1 bedroom Houston condo (West Park)... It was up for rent to own ... It was believable for the area in Houston...Houston has low rent compared to most cities and states but I also knew that rent wouldn’t be that low unless it was for a foreclosure...So silly me thinking that I can get out of my mother’s house with a great deal that I can afford I chose to do the 7 day trial to get in contact with the owners of the home... I fell in love with it I was so desperate to talk to the owners I decided to call the 1800# since that was the only way that you can get info …

When I called a male answered the phone after waiting almost 15mins on hold I was so excited that I was going to be able to find more info about the property I just put it aside that I was on hold for 15mins and just embrace the fact that I was about to move forward..

I told the man that I was looking at a posting on Craiglist and I wanted to now about it.. I told him the posting# and he said that it was one of the featured homes that they had…. he then went through all the ups about the company and what it can do for me and how it would help me in my search.. I told him great so how do I get the information about the property that I seek… then he gave me the downs… He then told me that I would have to sign up for 1.95 for a 7 day trial and that they will email me the info in 2 days with other listing around that area just like the one that I am seeking… I told the man that all I wanted was the info such as the street names of the property… he told me that the home owners uses his company to advertise their properties and the only way that I can get all the info is to sign up.. He then said that the home owners on their site are very serious about people wanting to view their homes. This helps ensure the home owners that people seeking to look at their proprieties by signing up with them must be serious… it all seemed to make since ( but then again I was high off of excitement and desperateness) I gave him my info to my card for the 7 day trial…

Now I did do some research before I forked over any info but didn’t run across anything saying that it was a scam... after I joined something told me to look up the site again... I called the 1800# and got a girl that sounded like she was from India she didn’t seem like she new what she as talking about and all of the sudden our phones where discounted...

I then called back and got a male on the phone... this time he seemed like he knew what he was talking about... The only thing that got me was i gave him the right name to look up any info in his system ( such as me being a new member) but he never acknowledge that I was.. Then I gave him a posting number and describe what i was looking for.. he said that the posting was one of the featured homes of the day...then i knew it THAT THIS WAS A SCAM!!!

Although he gotten the right name he didn’t have the right posting... i knew that if I gave him the wrong posting# that it would come up invalid, but he didn’t say anything... he said that he could see the posting.. then I said “Ole really? So can you see that i want a five bedroom house?” he said “Yes.”… Mind you that this man still doesn’t see that I am a member and then he starts to go through all the ups and downs like the man before him.. I then cut him off and told him that I was already a member and I don’t understand why my name didn’t pull up with any info.. He was in shocked he then started to rush me off the phone.. I tried to enquire why I hadn’t gotten my listing that I requested yesterday he then said that it takes 2 days to get the listing after a request…I WONT BE HOLDING MY BREATH…. I just cancelled my card and charge this experience as lesson learned…

• Li
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    HR National - Scam
    HR National
    Florida

This company is a total scam. They said they charge 1.95 for a 7 day free trial. After 3 days of not getting my login info, I called the service department. They were having computer problems, the 7 day free would start on the day I get my login info, and they would not charge me the 1.95. Finally got the login info this morning (9 days later), checked my bank account and they charged me $9.99. Tried to call to cancel and the phone just beeps at you. Called the customer service, they can't help because it is a different department, emailed requesting someone call me, they didn't. Immediately went to my bank and cancelled my card so they cannot charge anything else. Will file fraud charges against this company and get my money back and will also file fraud charges with Attorney General of Florida. There are very strict laws here concerning these types of companies. WHATEVER YOU DO...DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.