H&R Block / h&r block emerald card
The H&R Block emerald card is a waste, I really feel bad for the people who have to do our taxes and offer that piece of S*** card... and I feel bad for anyone who actually got the card like I did. The card sounds like a great idea, well it's not, I wish I would have not been an idiot and would have just waited for my money to come in a check form. This card has amazingly disgusting fees and the worst people who work in customer service for this card. You get charged $2 everytime you call customer service about your card! really thats not a lot of money but when you are having a serious issue and the customer service department hangs up on you then it builds up.
WOW look at these lovely fees they rape you with!
$1.95 for ATM withdrawl
$1.00 for Balance inquiry
$2.00 to talk to customer service!
$20.00 for over the counter withdrawl (Any banks or credit unions)
$10.00 for a new card
$35.00 for "express" delivery for a new card
$20.00 for check requesting
$1.00 for a paper statement (reasonable though)
Plus a monthly maintenance fee of $2.50 - so don't try saving your money cause it gets expensive fast.
The one trick I found to using this card is I went to fred meyers self-checkout and bought a water, then when it asked for cash back it let me take out up to $200 with no fee :) Then I walked straight to my actual bank and deposited it... eventually pulling out all the money and depositing it into my free checking with Washington Mutal (now chase)
I used to love H&R block, actually reccomended them to all my friends and family, but now I realize that H&R block has a popular name so they sound trusting but I wish I would have went somewhere else. The people who work at the Tax office for HRB are very friendly and nice, I really enjoyed being helped by them but I wish they wouldn't reccomend that card... But unfortunately it is their job...
If anyone wants to talk about this with me please email
Thanks for reading my shoutout :)
More H&R Block Complaints & Reviews
- H & R Block - tax refund scam! 
- H&R Block - emerald advance 
- H&R Block Tax Course - tax course 
- H&R Block Emerald Card - economic relief check scam 
- H & R Block - h & r block is a nightmare! 
- H&R Block - complaint against company
- H&R Block / HRB Digital - my understanding is that h&r block has an agreement with irs to file a 1040ez for free for someone whose earnings are $66k or less 
- H&R Block / HRB Digital - fees and proper preparation
- H&R Block Emerald Card - emerald card - fraud/missing money
- H&R Block / HRB Digital - tax preparer