H&R Block / tax rip off

1 Columbus, IN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 812-372-4454

At first I went online to HR Blocks Tax Cut the one that they created cause it was cheaper and i didnt have to pay 405.05 to get my taxes done. But when i needed my last years AIG and pin number i called them cause they did my taxes last year and they told me they couldnt give me that information that i would have to come into the office which i did. Then they told me that due to my situation that i couldnt file with tax cut and that i need to just let a professional do it. So i got the information that i needed when to file my taxs on the tax cut and the IRS rejected my return due to HR Block gave me the wrong information. So i went back to there office asked for the number to the tax act and no body had any information on it. They still kept insisting that with my tax situation that i needed a tax professional I dont have a special situation i have 3 kids and worked one job all i needed was the 1040 and that was it. So, i ended up having them file my taxes cause i couldnt get the right info from them they charged me 375.00 to file my taxes and 29.95 for bank fees even thou i got denied for the 1-2 day loan! Now they are saying that the 29.95 is so the bank can take there fees out of my check. So i filed my taxes on January 31, 2008 and i just received my state check but they took there fees out that check with out telling me or anything then when i called they said oh yeah remember i told you what ever check comes in first the fees will be deducted and they never never said that! So, im levet... So now my fedral will be deposited on Friday after it spent 1 week in the error processe divison of the IRS. So I went from paying 29.95 to file the whole thing through tax act to having to pay them 405.05 that is ### i can't believe they can get buy with this! Another suggestion dont get the emarld card it sucks!!! they charge you fees out the butt...and your money never is on there when its suppose to be i have had it for 3 years and i get paid on Fridays and my money is never in there untill saturdays! your better off to have the IRS do it for free and wait the 8-10 days cause thats what you wait for HR BLOCK to do!

Comments

• Ji
      9th of Mar, 2009

ok, I hate to say this, being I work for Block, but your complaints all sound legit. This is not to say that at another office you would not have had great service. It just sounds like that office needs to be reported to the district or regional manager.
    BTW: the number for for the tax cut program is also 1800hrblock... That office should have known that.
    Again, a poorly run office... NOT typical in my experience with the company...

• Rf
      1st of Sep, 2010

Totally hate h&r block. I payed peice of mind claim and they refused to even go to audit and made me pay. At one point jim rice from wagoner oklahoma claimed they never did my taxes till i put papers in his face. Got audited again and he flat out said. We ain't payin. Jim rice from wagoner, oklahoma. This is for u buddy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H&R_BlockBetter Business Bureau The Better Business Bureau has given H&R Block a rating of F, the lowest rating on the organization's scale. The reasons given for this rating are"Failure to honor commitment to arbitrate or mediate disputes, " "Number of complaints filed against business, " "Failure to respond to complaints filed against business, " "Number of complaints filed against business that were not resolved, " and "Overall complaint history with BBB." [20