H&R Block / emerald card & tax stimulus rebate

Are you an hr block customer that got the emerald debit card this year? Well, guess what, so did many many others! Now your patiently waiting for your tax rebate to be direct deposited since your refund was, right? Wrong! Unless you paid your fees up front, you will get a paper check, and most people I know did not pay their fees up front because the fees were so outrageous! Would you have filed with them had you known this was going to happen? I know I sure wouldn’t have! I know for a fact this will hurt their business next year. I have thousands of complaints on other boards about this, so I really expect hr block to make some serious offers at christmas this year to entice customers, because you know that they know they are screwed for next tax season. Most people that used them this year will hopefully do their taxes themselves through the irs. The main reason I am upset isn’t because I will be getting a paper check at the end of june (Argg!!!) , but the fact that if I didnt choose the emerald card when I went to hr block this year, I would have to pay an extra twenty dollars for a paper check! I know twenty bucks isn’t a lot, but it was the principal of the thing! I didn’t want to pay an extra twenty dollars for a piece of paper, so instead I opted for a little green plastic card that had soo many great benefits (Not!!) that how could I go wrong by getting it? Now gas is 3.50 a gallon, and milk, bread, and eggs have gone sky high and I really need the free money (Yeah right!!) the government has promised me. I would doing great this week because it would have came to me by direct deposit, if I hadn’t had hr block take their fee from my refund. Because of this, I am now penalized and have to wait till the end of june along with many other americans! Can I wait?? Sure I can! But the point is, we were conned into this card, and now when we all so desperately could use the money, we have to wait even longer, after being told over and over through hr block customer service that yes, as long as our refund came direct deposit, then our tax rebate would too! What a lie!

I just sincerely hope that everyone that got shammed into this card and had this problem this year will remember next january and try to do them ourselves! If you are on the hr block emerald card hater bandwagon, please post!! Thanks for the rant.

Va

Comments

• St
      8th of May, 2008

I get mt payroll check direct deposited every two weeks. then on this past tuesday which was the 28th of april i checked my balance and it was 31$ short!!! They had taken it appond themselves to take my money with out my concent!!! i never even applied for this theft thing and now i am extremly upset bout them stealing my money with out my permission!!! and they better refund my money back or i will be getting ahold of a laywer asap!! i have my rights!!! i even had a rep. on the phone and all she could tell me was to go online and i will get myrefund back!! but what i did not understand is i had this person on the phone and she would not even try to fix the problem. just wanted to waste more time and go online. which is not good enough. they need to fix this problem. I have three kids to feed and take care of!!! and will not be treated like this!! it is not right for some company to take your money with out your consent!!! And i will be switching banks that is a for sure thing!!!

• Ro
      21st of Jan, 2009

i have been going to hr block for about 7 years, even though its expensive, i get my money pretty quick...not this year...i was told i was denied the same day advance, so i paid the extra 60 bucks for the 1 to 2 day advance...well after 5 days still no refund...so called them, now they said i was denied for the 2 to 3 day advance.after it said i was approved for it on their computers...also its free to call them for questions...but if you call them 3 times, on that 3rd call they charge you 2 dollars...thats why during my first two calls all they would say ...dont worry you were approved it will be on there...its all a scam...my brother is going to start doing it on turbo tax...it cost my brother 10 bucks, and he get his money in 7 to 10 days...hr block is a rip off...turbo tax is the way to go!!! if you make under 30 thousand it cost $10.60 with turbo tax...and they did his state all for a grand total 0f nothing, e-file was free...turbo tax will walk you through step by step...good bye hr block go rip someone else off, not me ever again...i hope you get sued again, i would love to be part off that class action lawsuit...

• Gi
      22nd of Jan, 2010

I AGREE WITH ALL STATEMENTS!!! GOOD BYE H&R BLOCK!!! YOU SAY NONE OF THIS IS YOUR FAULT, WELL THE ONLY FAULT I TAKE IS PAYING 377.00 FOR A TAX RETURN I HAD TO WAIT ON. MAYBE YOU AND OR YOUR BANK WILL GET THINGS STRAIGHT. I GUESS NOONE HAVING ANSWERS FOR YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS WILL SURELY HURT BOTH YOUR POCKETS. I WAS HOW EVER OFFERED A 50.00 GIFT CARD OFF OF NEXT YEAR TAXES...LOL. WHAT A JOKE!!! 50.00???? NO I THINK I WILL TRY TURBO TAX AS WELL. HOW HARD IS IT TO LOOK AT YOUR W2 AND TYPE.