H&R Block / simple pay

I filed an e-file return through H&R Block. H&R offered what they termed as "simple pay" to cover the cost of assisting in preparing the returns which would be deducted from the refund coming from the IRS. Once the return was accepted by the IRS, H&R Block gives access to a countdown clock showing you the exact time the IRS will issue the refund check. Here is what H&R Block doesnt tell you: Once H&R Block receives the money it could take up to 5 days for H&R Block to deduct the fee and send the balance to your account. Also, there is NO WAY to track this process!! So if you file with them thinking it will be faster, DON'T! It's amazing to me that you can track your refund with the IRS but with H&R Block it's a guessing game. Imagine the amount of interest they make by hanging on to everyone's money to the very last minute. They have had my IRS reund now for 5 days so they could deduct $29.99. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!

Comments

• Fr
      26th of Feb, 2010

UPDATE: Day 6 and still no money from H&R BLOCKheads! I have confirmed thru IRS that they did receive the money. Once again I called and NOBODY can tell me when they will give me MY money. This is absolutly amazing!

• Fr
      2nd of Mar, 2010

3-2-2010 Update! Still no money from thesae Blockheads! It's official - It will take longer to get MY MONEY from H&R Block then it took for H&R Block to receive MY MONEY from the IRS-

• Ta
      21st of Mar, 2010

Frustrated with H&R Block: HSBC is the bank dealing with the IRS not H&R Block. HSBC will receive your money if the IRS sends it, then they will forward it less tax prep fees and and bank fees to your account. At no point is H&R Block hanging onto your refund and collecting interest on it.

heatherbirdlady: No one forced you to take a loan. You took the loan because you couldn't afford to pay for preparation. As for President Obama helping you out as a student: Good for you. The American Opportunity Tax Credit has helped many students and parents of students.

• Pa
      12th of May, 2010

You should always get an independent professional accountant.

H&R Block is like a franchise.

McDonalds vs Fine Dinning.

28th of Dec, 2011

H&R Block maid a big misstake on my 2008 taxes the caused me to be audited I had to pay 21, 000 dollars due to rhere problem.
    I live in Michigan and would like to know when the Burton branch will refund the money to me that the company promissed months ago.

28th of Dec, 2011

I had a problem when my tax ladie told me I could claim all my givings to a church for the last 10 years and when that was done I was audit by the federal and had to pay a 20 some thousand due to the miss lead. I was told I would recive from H&R block my money that is to protecked me from this and I did not recive it yet it has been a year the office is in Burton Michigan what do I do to get them to wake up.

30th of Dec, 2011

After meeting with the H&R blook in Southgate the work is being done but the head guy of the area says he not taking care of are problem after promissing to take the problem and get it fixed now he says take it to the pepoe who don't know what to do in Burton Michigan. My words about H&R Blook is the misstakes the company makes the company makes you buy a protection due to there misstakes and the H&R branch dose not stand behind what the company in Burton makes you buy. All H&R are not bad but the burton michigan one are liers tell you that the money is comming and then the company will not answer question Liers are what the company in Burton is