Hp Pavilion Dv6700 / refusal to repair under warranty

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

Complaint about hp dubai customer service delivery
On wednesday 10th september 2008, I called hp dubai [protected]) to complain about my hp pavilion note book model dv6700 with serial no. Cnf81841dm. I was instructed to call 3662020 where I spoke with mr. Alaa premean who took down my personal details and established that my note book was under warranty, and promised to dispatch someone to pick it up. On thursday 11th september 2008, a courier service company dhl was sent to pick up the note book. On arrival at my office he checked the notebook and then gave me an hp pur (Pickup and return) - physical damage/scratch checklist with customer acknowledgement form. He filled the form stating that the notebook was okay and ticked for the accessories I was giving him along with the notebook.

On sunday 14th september 2008, I called phone number 0436623 and spoke with a lady by name azira and she informed me of the receipt of my note book by the technical department and that they said the motherboard of the computer was faulty, that it would be repaired and I was going to get the notebook back by monday 15 september or tuesday 16 september 2008, at the latest.

On monday 15th september 2008, I received a call from the technical department and I was told that the notebook would not be repaired under warranty and that I will have to pay about 1, 000 + dirham to get it repaired because according to them, the computer had been opened and tampered with at some parts were missing. I called back azira and she told me nothing of such was said to her when she called them to enquire about the status of the notebook before I called and she said I would receive the notebook repaired by the monday 15 september 2008.

From that day onwards, the hp customer service center and the technical department have been acting dodgy and passing accusations at me that the motherboard of the computer had been tampered with and they have refused to repair the notebook though it is under warranty. They do not call me to give any update even when they promised they would, I have been the one calling and chasing after them. I have spoken with a certain ubaida who claimed to be senior technical support officer; I have also spoken with bassam of the complaints section.

Azira who had assured me of getting my notebook back repaired and was in support at the initial that she was not told about any tampering of the motherboard, called me back and changed her tone now supporting the technical department and insisting I have to pay for the service I should be getting under my warranty. On my insistence that I had not tampered with the notebook, azira then told me they were going to inform the top management and carry out an investigation as to what happened to the notebook.
When I spoke with azira on tuesday 16th september 2008 which happened to be the day I was promised I will get the notebook back at the latest, she said dhl confirmed that the notebook was untampered with and had no physical alterations whatsoever but that the top management still went ahead to decide that I should bear the cost of repairing the notebook.
Is this supposed to be some grand scheme whereby unsuspecting customers are reaped off and made to pay for services they ought to be getting for free under their warranty? Or is it a policy of the company to refuse taking responsibility by accusing and passing the bulk of their staff’s errors to customers?
I have been highly traumatized and embarrassed by this turn of event with hp, which is supposed to be a world class highly respected and supposedly professional company.
I hope someone in the management will review this situation clearly. I also stress once again that whilst the notebook was in my possession & ldquo;it had not been tampered with or opened up”.

Yours sincerely,

Damilola alade

Comments

• Sk
      11th of Nov, 2008

Hello user !!!

I too faced a similar situation but got it resolved by Involving HP middleest in the loop . I suggest you first talkto thier Senior Service Manager Mr. Krishna Kumar on 0097150 6421165, who will be able to close this issue in a better way ... But i never trust these Customer Service Executives who are attaneing the customers .

Br
    SK

• Sh
      25th of Apr, 2009

I have a bad experience with hp. I bought the laptop from office max having hp one year warranty. after 3 weeks of use the internet wireless started to have trouble and then it over heat and authomatically shut down itself. I called hp customer center and the problem with my laptop is beyond thier knowlege and cannot be solve over the phone so they arrange for fedex box so that I can pack the laptop to send to hp repair center in california. fedex box came I pack the laptop send to hp repair center in california. 5 days later I recieved a phone call from hp technician saying that the computer was damage by water and they were not going to fix it under the hp warranty and if I want my laptop to be fix I have to pay $950.00 I was shock to hear that my 2 month old laptop has gotten water and they blamed it to me. my laptop is worth $1650.00 and I am not stupid to doze water in it which infact I am the only person who used this laptop and it just stay in my office and never went out my office in addition to that our office policy is not to bring any food or liquid into the work area, so, how can possibly that my laptop has water in it. its too obvious that hp technician lies in connection for refusing to fix my laptop. 10 days later, hp sent back to me my laptop and to my surprise my laptop is completely dead, even when I plug the ac adapter to the live ac outlet and pressing the turn on button the computer will not turn on and nothing is coming on. its dead. I called back hp to complaint again and they again arrange for fedex box to pack my laptop to sent to thier hp repair center in california. the empty fedex box supposed to arrive at my residence on march 26, 2009 at 10.a.m. I took off from work on march 26, 2009 and began to wait from 7 a.m through 7.p.m but there is no fedex box arrive to my residence. hp insist that I recieved the empty box even when fedex confirm that no delivery is made. hp people even give me a delivery confirmation number which do not match or exist according to fedex data base. now hp want me to send the laptop to thier repair center in california at my expense with no guarrante they will fix the laptop. if hp think I am one of the dumb consumer that they can cheat, they pick the wrong person. I sent a complaint through BBB and I got a respond from a hp case manager and stated that because the computer is under warranty and is fixable base on warranty they still not to be able to fix it becuase of the water damage and they have a picture to probe it. because I am so fed up with thier crap, lies and run around I file a suit through my attorney general, BBB and small claimed court. I also seek additional monetary damages from hp for work loss wages, expensive lawyer cost and thousands of dollars to penalize them with thier lies and giving me false documents. people if you experience thesame this kind of problem with hp dont waste your time dealing with hp customer service or thier case manager because they have no authority and only give you false information. the next best thing to deal with hp to get your problem heard by them is through BBB, your state attorney general or small claimed court. hp already cheat many many people and we need to put and end to this.

• La
      24th of May, 2009

these hp people are very funny, i also have an hp 6700 that they called special edition that was upgraded from the manufacturers to dv6899. i took it to the support group and they have been giving flimsy excuses. i'm sure they ordered them from dubai and now having problem getting the motherboard.

its so frustrating!

oke onayere

• Bv
      11th of Jan, 2010

HP Customer Care - So called Technical Support staff is real crap. These people dont know what they really do in terms of repair and they really screw up the untouched stuff. I had similar exp. with 3 to 4 HP laptops and now being a technical person I dont recommend anyone in Dubai to go for HP Products due to such poor support. I personally know many people who had gone through such situation. The problem is not HP product but the staff (uneducated and non-technical staff that they have hired in Dubai) is a real problem. The money that one spends on such products should be worth getting better support. I've really lost hopes and I am sure HP Dubai dont really bother as far as their sales is high-up in the market and Dubai is such a place where people come from various locations and are totally unaware of the situation.

I know personally two technicians Alex: +971508259655 & Shaiju +971508562130 from HP Dubai are really good in technical terms if you ever come accross hardware issues. I dont trust anyone else..

• Ri
      13th of Jan, 2010

It's not just Dubai. I had a similar problem in the U.S.A. You need to talk to a member of the management team and bypass all of the front line call centers. I was able to get a replacement DV6700 which also had issues so I combined parts from both machines to make one good one. It's sad that I had to do my own tech work on a warrantied machine but that's the way it goes. They don't care about you or your problem. All they are interested in is getting you to fork over more money. That is the nature of big business. In the end I got a great education in computer science and now have two DV6700's for the price of one plus hours of frustration and self taught technical training. The sad part is that HP is one of the better companies. Dell is far worse and the rest don't even bare mentioning. If you can, stick to building your own desktops and picking up used laptops for your mobile work. Don't pay retail for laptops, they are mostly overpriced junk.

• Sy
      2nd of Feb, 2010

When the HDD failed in late October, I called hp customer center again, for the 7th time in the year I have owned this POS. The fedex box was sent to me and I shipped it to Houston. They replaced the HDD, Motherboard, heatsink (again) and something else.
    Within 13 days it had failed again. So I called AGAIN near the end of November. Fedexed in the shipping box as provided and sent it back to Houston. I expected a new computer to be sent this time to replace the lemon just as their warranty states. However about a week later, instead of the call to confirm repairs completed or new computer on its way, instead I got a call from HP case manager who informed me that I was basically pond ### and a thief who was trying to get away with something...she did this by saying that my Pavilion had a broken LCD screen, cracked casing, a brown keyboard (!??!) and missing screws and so, unless I was going to fork over $749 to repair the machine - with a generous $120 discount offered by HP - then they were shipping my ruined computer back to me unrepaired and with a voided warranty!
    For one thing, the Pavilion was in nearly perfect shape outside and the lcd was perfect as well. THe keyboard was never replaced by me or anyone I know. In my view, there is clear evidence that HP is committing fraud, larceny, theft, violation of all kinds of laws, and not to mention that their Case Managers are unbelievably ignorant of any kind of etiquite, devoid of logical skills, and insultingly rude. They don't care that I have 50 pages of history on the service issues with this machine. They don't give a rats tail if the items that were wrong with their POS pavilion had nothing to do with an LCD screen in any case.
    THey violated the trust of the consumer(S) and I definitely want to file something against them.
    IF anyone out there is an attorney with experience or desires experience in class action suits against a big company committing heinous fraud, please take a look at these postings and send a note in reply.
    I have all my records in pdf to send. I already sent it to them, but HP "doesn't have anyone above" the case managers for their betrayed, deceived, robbed customers to escalate these matters. THey clearly don't want to know or have to deal with it.
    I am going to forward letters to every office of HP that I have found and to their various corporate attorneys.
    I have attached below the names and addresses I have found so far.
    I hope all of the customers like me who have been ripped off by this disgusting company will follow suit and do the same. Write your letters and send them daily if you must.
    Good luck.

Here it is:
    Hewlett-Packard USA

Hewlett-Packard Company
    20555 SH 249
    Houston, TX 77070
    Phone: (281) 370-0670
    Fax: (281) 514-1740
    View other locations »Websites associated with this
    firm:http://www.hp.com

Address: 20555 SH 249, Houston, TX 77070
    Phones: (281) 370-0670 Faxes: (281) 514-1740 Websites:
    US OFFICES
    Main Office
    3000 Hanover Street, Palo Alto, California 94304-1185 PH (650)
    857-1501

2101 Gaither Rd, Rockville, Maryland 20850-4018 PH (612) 603-
    HEWLETT-PACKARD COMPANY
    16399 W. Bernardo Dr., San Diego, California 92127-1899 PH (619)
    592-4560

Washington 98683

11000 N. Wolfe Rd., MS 4059 (IP), MS 4060 (GL), Cupertino,
    California 95014

HEWLETT-PACKARD COMPANY
    19483 Pruneridge Ave., Cupertino, California 95014-0609 PH (408)
    725-8900

HEWLETT-PACKARD COMPANY - HP LABS (MAIN OFFICE)
    1501 Page Mill Road, Palo Alto, California 94304 PH (650) 857-1501

Pennsylvania 19113

14475 NE 24th St., Bellevue, Washington 98007

• Js
      20th of Aug, 2010

I spent so much on my laptop for it to be looking at me and doing nothing, and told to buy another one. Its that they have enough money and don't give a blimp, or they just don't know how to fix things they built.

• Js
      20th of Aug, 2010
    HP PAVILION DV6700 - would not fix under warrenties
    J.SLOAN JR.
    Darien
    Georgia
    Phone: 9126250048

I was lead on to believe I was buying a reliable product, after spending my hard earn money to buy this plastic shell,
    around six months later, I've started to have problems. I sent it in several time to be fix, but was told they will not fix it because of dust and to top it off I was told to buy another one. I need help in this matter.

• Ra
      4th of Oct, 2010

ANYONE THAT CAN HELP ME? i TOO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HP. I INITIALLY BOUGHT DV7 7-000 SERIES. AFTER 10 TIMES OF BEING SENT BACK FOR SHUTTING OFF, THEY SENT ME A NEW ONE. WHICH I AM USING NOW. IT WORKED GREAT BUT THE KEYS ON THE KEYBOARD STARTED COMING OFF AFTER 3 WEEKS. I SENT IT INTO HP AND THEY LIED AND SAID I HAD WATER DAMAGE. AND THE MOTHERBOARD WAS DESTROYED SPEAKERS WERE SHOT AND THE SCREEN WAS CRACKED. I REPLACED THE KEYBOARD FROM PC UNLIMITED FOR 50 BUCKS AND IT WORKS GREAT. HOW DO I GET MY WARRANTY BACK OR FILE A COMPLAINT WITH HP AND THE REPRESENTATIVE FROM TENNESSEE HP SERVICE CENTERWHO SAID TO ME THAT THERE WAS NO ONE HIGHER AT HP THAN HIM?????????????

• Ca
      20th of Jan, 2011

I have 2 HP computers with the keys falling off and both of mine just happened to have water damage too. We should get a class action!!!

• Ca
      20th of Jan, 2011

And... They will not send me pics of the damage. I set them up and sent one computer back at a time and to different addresses to see if they would say the same thing.

• Sy
      12th of Feb, 2011

I have previously posted an extensive description of how the pavilion I purchased was defective and how HP repair depot in Houston apparently intentionally damaged the laptop including breaking the screen (1 large handprint clearly visible when solarizing the photo of the monitor) and "revoking' my warranty instead of replacing it with a new laptop given it was the 3rd trip to HP in less than a year. I sent 79 pages worth of documentation and photos to an attorney that had a mention on their website of a class action but never heard further. I am convinced that HP is guilty of violating consumer rights, fraudulently voiding warranties instead of replacing their defective pavillions.
    My laptop is still sitting in the box it was shipped back to me in, unopened since last year. I wish someone would manage to make this very very public and DEFINITELY that there was a savvy attorney willing to undertake a class action in this matter. I still have all my records and there's no doubt about the circumstances of this matter.

• He
      3rd of Dec, 2011

i am complaining because i bought my HP lab top pavilion g6 5 months ago and from this date i face alot of hard ware and soft ware problems:
    the first one i bought it with windows original copy but it was an old version.
    second had a defect speakers and after refer to warranty they were resolve it after 10 days
    finally and from more than 1 month ago the DVD driver not working some times hanging and other times not working at all
    i want your feed back ASAP because i want to solve these problems by replace my lap top with another one
    so i am very upset also i got a very bad experience from HP brand with first time dealing with them, you can contact me to solve my problem on email: heba_shehata@hotmail.com

• La