Hp Notebook / defective battery, terrible after sales service!
My name is John. My wife and I have a problem with a HP notebook we purchased. We were sent a laptop that has a defective battery. It won’t charge. The problem was diagnosed by an HP technician and a new battery is all it needs. We have been trying, unsuccessfully for about a week and a half to have HP send us a new battery. This being a brand new computer, we thought it would be a simple, “ship us a new battery” situation. Well after talking with HP India, HP Canada, HP Palo Alto, CA. IT’S NOT THAT EASY. HP representatives have hung up on us repeatedly and explained they can do nothing! They won’t ship us a battery without a personal charge card to cover the return of the defective battery. We have an account with HP, but they won’t use the account??? HP wants a personal credit card. We won’t give them our personal information because we have been charged incorrectly in the passed and it is very difficult to correct. HP says they won’t bill the account yet, but, they will put a hold on the available funds. How is that different? HP can not give me a physical location were I could possibly exchange the battery. We are stuck. We have already spent the money to add our business software and while it is plugged in it works. However, that’s not what we bought it for. I could use some help!
It seems as thought HP, as big as HP is, it is clear that making the sale is HP’s only concern. Customer service is not required or encouraged as we were hung up on many times, even by HP’s so called management. Thank goodness I have kept my IBM note book, I have technical support 24/7, AND, a real person to take it to when I have a serious problem. They don’t even need a credit card, because it’s under warranty. OH! By they way, the HP has a warranty also, but they want a personal card-- just in case??? Any suggestions?
More Hp Notebook Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers 
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems 
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless! 
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product! 
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service! 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - printer
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - laptop
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - hp 3070a printer
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - officejet pro 6968
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - warranty repair & customer service