SUBMIT A COMPLAINT

HPcomputer caught on fire

My Hp G60 series has been overheating from the moment I purchased it. I was a nursing student and lost various papers and assignments because it would get so hot it would burn my leg and hands. Initially, they were very helpful, they took the computer back, fixed it, but it eventually began to over heat again. Recently, I had it sent off to them to repair the same problem again but they sent it back, not repaired, and the issue was not addressed. I called them rate away, angry, with the intent to find out why they had not repaired it. The reason that they gave me was that because I had spilt some water on the keyboard-my laptop was no longer covered under warrenty. Of course, the spill has nothing to do with the overheating, which was the ongoing problem. Eventually the customer service representitave agreed to have it get repaired, and a "case manager" would contact me in 24 hours. No one called. I called again, again I was promised to have a case manager call me in 24-48 hrs, and yet again no one called. I began to go to school again at the beginning of Sept, and I had no time to think about Hp calling me back, although it was in the back of my mind. Then, sitting in class, I smelt smoke-a plastic burning smell coming from my computer. I turned it off, and called Hp as soon as my class was finished. They gave me the run around, and one customer service rep hung up on me (which had not been the first time). I was so angry with them, they tried to tell me that my warrenty was up, but it was extended by their rep when I called them the first time because I still had three days remaining on my initial warrenty-so it was extended by 90days. I was told, again, that the problem would be resolved and a case manager would call me within 72 hours. One would assume that a smoking laptop from a giant corporation like HP would be high priority, a public saftey issue perhaps, but no...no suggestions of not turning the computer back on, nothing, just ignorance and contempt. I went home and my girlfriend (who is also a RN) told me that I should transfer my files and stop using the computer. I turned it on to do so, and it caught fire...I burned my hand (mildly) and after the smoke cleared my girlfriend in a panic called Hp...48hrs later we still are getting the run around...wth, if i was Hp I would think a fire was just lit under my ###, as there is a potential lawsuit here. We don't want any compensation, or a new computer, we just want one that works and won't burn my house down and kill me family! wow...

Post your comment