HP LPG Gas / Difficult to get refill cylenders

1 India Review updated:

I am residing at Madipakkam in Chennai and the HP Dealer I have near my home is SAVITA GAS AGENCIES. I have only one cylinder in my house in my father's name and we have 4 members. I am quite new to chennai and I don't know Tamil Language also. For last 6 months I am struggling get cylinder refilled every time. The agency staffs are behaving very badly with the customers. Each time I had to fight with them to get the things done for me. Each time I am getting the refilled cylinder only after 10-15 from the date of booking. I am working for BPO organisation working in night shifts. Each time I had to sleep for 2 Hrs after reaching home at 5 AM in the morning and get up at 9 to start fight with these people. This time even it went to the core. For 3 days continuously they ask me to come to their office with empty cylinder, and when I went there they are sending me back saying there is no cylinder available. Could any one suggest me how to approach consumer forum in this regard. Really fed up with the HP Gas. Whatever they are showing on television and publishing in papers about their service is all bull ###….

Comments

18th of Dec, 2007

I have similar experience from the same gas agencies. I have booked on 4/12/2007 still now(18/12/2007) i didn't get any response from them. Now i want get rid of that gas connection eventhough i paid 2000 rs for that connection. I paid 4000 rs for connection as they told it is emergeny quota. But i got only normal connection as the voucher is specified only 950 rs.

18th of Dec, 2007

Read as "2000 rs extra". 1000 rs for cyliner + 1000 rs for stove(forcefully asked to bye) + 2000 rs (no idea for what it is) = 4000rs

• Na