Hp Laptop G60 - 235dx / display repair
I am really dissappointed and frustrated with HP. We bought this HP notebook model G60-235DX only 2 months ago and have been using it very lightly. 2 weeks ago my wife was closing down the monitor when all of a sudden the picture on the display dissappeared and black and white lines appeared on the screen. A permanent black spot of 1 inch in diameter showed up on the screen as well. My wife did not drop the notebook, she did not hit and she did not push the screen - she was just closing down the monitor. We called HP and explained the problem - they sent us a FedEx box and we shipped our notebook to them. 4 days later (which is today) we receive an email saying that there will be a service charge of $420 to fix the problem. Today we also receive a voice message where an HP rep asks us to call them urgently within 24 hours. We call her number, but her mailbox is full. We call the customer service and a lady explains to us that a service rep assessed the notebook and identified a crack on the display. We want to talk to the rep's manager, but she says he is not available. We ask for this rep's name and she says they are not allowed disclose it (never heard of this before with customer service.) We have had notebooks for many years and we know how to deal with them. That was not an accident and we did not cause any physical damage to the notebook - we do not feel any fault at all. We do not want to pay either 420 or 5 dollars for this repair and we are confident that HP must be responsible for it because they sold to us a bad product. We are going to call the manager on Monday to tell her the same story and she insists that HP is not responsible, we are going to ask them to return the notebook back to us and we are going to fight with all means possible as we have never been in such an unfair situation before.
Can somebody please kindly advise what the best steps would be for us to prove that we were not at fault and that HP has to take responsibility? We know about BBB and consider court as well. Please help. Sorry for so many words, but we are very dissappointed and wanted to tell a lot. Thank you veyr much!
More Hp Laptop G60 - 235dx Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers 
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems 
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless! 
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product! 
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service! 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - printer
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - laptop
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - hp 3070a printer
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - officejet pro 6968
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - warranty repair & customer service