Hp Laptop Computer / do not honor extended warranty

Bought a laptop computer for my daughter. The display flickered when brand new sometimes staid on and sometimes intermittent problem or went dead. I got the feeling it was a open box items as I felt it was not properly or neatly packaged. We went to Fry's with the unit only 1-2 months old to address this problem. I had paid for extended warranty when I bought the computer they told us to send it ourself to the manufacturer. I had to argue with the manager that I had bought extended warranty and then he finally agreed to take the unit for repair and told me it 4-8 weeks. Now it is almost 6 weeks and no laptop computer. This company is a complete joke, I think they sold us a return from another customer and to add injury to insult did NOT honor extended warranty. I will never buy ANYTHING from this horrible store again and remind you if you buy a large ticket item there you are taking unnecessary risks and YES even if you buy extended warranty... This outfit is just a joke.

Comments

• Th
      30th of May, 2011

Call their corporate office and ask for John, David or Randy Fry. You should be connected with the Executive Asst.. Register your complaint. Your laptop gone for 6 weeks at a minimum is incompetence and borders on theft. You wait any longer you might have a claim in Small Claims Court. Contact your State's Division of Consumer Affairs. Always good to have someone in your corner.