HP India - Dv2000 Laptop / Defective laptop. Cheated by HP service center!

1 India Review updated:

Complaint: HP Pavilion dv2122TU Notebook PC/ Call Reference Number J9TR150304/ Web Complaint No. CCHSAP88968

To Whom So Ever it May Concern:

I guess when it comes to the punch line HP has it right +hp = everything is possible

I, Tushar Kanwar bought HP Pavillion Laptop Dv2000 (TU2122) from Marks Marketing Pvt. Ltd. on January 10, 2007. Like other I am yet to receive my free gift (in this case Hauppauge TV Tuner Card).

Apart from this more shocking is the following experience I have to narrate:
I have had various versions on the status of my laptop since March 20, 2007. The last one being on March 22, 2007 at 3:37 PM , I get a call from your Service center informing me that my laptop is ready and that I should pick it up before 5:30 PM. After which I wrote a mail the Center Head Meena Tutu to have the laptop delivered at my office and then at 4:32 almost an hour after the email, I get an SMS from HP to ignore all previous messages and that updation was for another customer and that according to their records my laptop has already been returned to me. When asked for a proof I was told they have videos of me collecting the laptop. I asked them to prove their point. At this point they refuse to show me the video claiming that it is COMPANY SENSITIVE DATA.

Because I do not want to spend any more time on this problem, I request you to kindly have this nuisance and disruption stopped. I would request that anything that HP needs or has to say hereafter be routed through senior levels of management, failing which I plan to initiate appropriate legal action against HP India your organization for providing delinquent product, service on the above mentioned at their risk and expense.

The following are the facts that you might find helpful:

Following is the mail written to Sangita S. (Head India Advocacy Program) on March 23, 2007

Dear Sangita:

1) I bought HP Pavilion dv2122TU Notebook PC on January 10, 2007.

2) I was informed about one year of warranty on the product along with a free gift of Hauppauge TV Tuner Card after submission of proper documents and a draft of Rs. 300. Though the delivery of the card was to be made with in 6 to 8 weeks, I am yet to receive the card or even a courtesy reply on that mail that you have marked to Tanuja Lall yesterday. No one has been in touch with me since morning after I have spoken to you.

3) I submitted the laptop on March 15, 2007 at your Service center at Okhla Phase III in Delhi. The product had manufacturing defect with its keyboard, which your engineer refused to acknowledge initially, on insistence they found my claim to be correct and replaced the keyboard. I was called to your service center on March 20, 2007 at 3:10 PM to collect the delivery of the same. I brought to notice other problems and the rude call I received from your service engineer and there was no reply to my question asked to Ms. Sunita who claimed to be the head of the center.

4) I am apart from not being able to use my laptop am suffering because of lot of confidential data in the laptop and is leading to direct financial loss to me.

5) I have made my sincere efforts to inform you and all others concerned this grievance in the past to which the HP has not responded.

6) Please treat this email as the last request to resolve the above mentioned complaints by today evening, failing which I would like to return your product (which at present is with your service center) in as is condition immediately, and I expect a full refund of the invoice value that I have paid for the product along with suitable interest of (18%) along with suitable compensation for the rest of the expenses incurred, else I would be have no choice but to file a complaint with the Consumer Court of the land and avail the privileges and protection granted to consumers under the Consumer Protection Act of 1986.

7) Please be informed that the consumer complaint filed will be at HP’s cost and expenses, and you will seek compensation for the mental agony caused due to his deficiency in services.

Yours truly,
Tushar Kanwar

Comments

• Le
      27th of Nov, 2007

The service centers of hp in my city is not even picking the telephone or if the do that they are not giving ample information to my queries.

• La
      5th of Jan, 2008

I am using laptop HP Compaq-nx6120, but I have been having power problems recently.

When I attempt to turn the laptop on, with just the battery, nothing happens! When I plug in the ac adapter (with green light on it) and laptop turned on.

The all data is unsaved while AC adaptor unplugged.

After run the exe file of HP battery check (provided by - IT) showing battery health is good. It confirmed the battery is good, problem may some other.

• Aa
      22nd of Jan, 2008

Mr. Tushar Kanwar,
    I deeply sympathize with you for the harassment that you have faced at the hands of the HP service center at Okhla.
    I would like to know the outcome of your strong and aggressive approach. What is the current status of your appeal for sane and caring 'customer care'?
    I had a compaq presario laptop and i did have to get some repair work done at the same service center about 2 months back. Thankfully, I had secured the extended warranty (carepack for extra 2 years), since my laptop conked off 1.8 yrs. after I'd bought it. My experience was mixed. The y delayed things for 3 weeks and then gave me the laptop back non-repaired. The recovery was not happening and the laptop in that state was hanging and the CPU usage showed 100% all the time. I took it back and spoke to Ms. Sunita (?) It didnt help much since it took another 3 weeks, after which the bluetooth stopped working. I raised hell and they promised to help me out. They gave me back the laptop for the evening and not send it to one of their service partners. I took it back the next morning at 9 am. they werent open as yet. But once open, they took over the case on a war footing and within the next 3 hrs. rectified the problem. They then disclosed that they had changed the cd-rom since it was not responding. The laptop has behaved itself as it should since then. The only thing is that they misplaced the PCMIA slot dummy (whatever) and never returned. They called back to take feedback and I gave them the account. They only had to comment on the fact that the dummy that I alleged lost was not listed in the things submitted for repair and so they were not liable for its loss.
    I think I have to agree. Its my foolishness to not have paid due attention before signing on the form at the surrender of the laptop for repair.
    Now I've bought a compaq presario a901tu and the hauppauge tv tuner that you've mentioned about is on offer for Rs.1000 only (Rs. 5000 is claimed the price of the tuner). I am supposed to mail them the draft for Rs.1000 and the original sticker from under the laptop. I am not sure if it is worth the effort.
    So I would definitely like to know the outcome of your efforts and do you think that the tuner is actually for Rs.5000 that they are offering to send for Rs.1000 in 6 weeks time.
    Thanks.
    And hope that you were relieved of the unnecessary harassment.

• Ri
      14th of Mar, 2008

definately HP is cheating its customer for some little marginal profit. I have orderd my HP battery since 5 months but I have not received it and now they are saying that your warranty is expired before 1 month..

now what the hell is to do with this???

• Un
      3rd of Apr, 2008

Very sorry you too are experiencing such problems with HP products and their terrible support.

www.unhappyHPcustomers.blogspot.com