Hp Gas - Pune / Gas shortage?

I applied for a new Cooking Gas Connection in Pune. The agency says it will take 6 - 8 Months for a new connection. Is there is a shortage in Pune?

A  12th of Jun, 2007 by
I transfered the gas from Aurangabad to Pune. But when i approached the HP gas dealer in Pune (Ambika Gas Agency, Akshay Palace, Warje area, Pune.), daily i am told to come next day as stationary is not available. Is this the fair reason for avoiding to give the gas connection ?
A  21st of Jun, 2007 by
When ever i book my gas it took more than 20days to receive the cylinder... Even though there is no shortage... the person who delivers the cylinder also ask 10 to 20 rupee extra ask it as "chai pani"... Many a time they don't pick up call... n also talk in negative manner...
A  24th of Oct, 2007 by
See this is very very bad service from gas agencies.
D  12th of Dec, 2009 by
I called up the HPGAS toll free Helpline: 1800 – 2333 - 777
and they gave me the phone number of their Sales officer, Mr. D T Patil.

The first question I asked him was whether there was a shortage of cooking gas in Pune and he mentioned that there was some shortage, but it is now stabilising.
I informed him that the dealer does not deliver before 10-15 days to which he replied that delivery should ideally be in 24 hours, but it can take up to 2-3 days at the max.
I also enquired with him whether there was a rule that bookings can only be made 21 days after delivery of a cylinder to which he replied that there is no such rule and the dealer might do this in case of shortage.
Finally, he told me that he will speak to the distributor and tried to assure me that I would get my refill delivered today itself.
N  17th of Mar, 2015 by
You just go to the agency and ask him for the form of new connection. Fill up the form and take receipt from him. Then they will be forced to call you back. Or else try doing this online on below link: