HP Deskjet F 380 / bad service and irresponsible attitude towards customers

1 India Review updated:

I bought a HP deskjet F 380 2 months ago and last month only it went out of order. I was asked by HP to contact Redington India Limited - the HP service centre at Kolkata regarding the problem which I did. I took the product to the service center on 2nd November. I was assured by the service center of its replacement within 48 hours as per the company rules. But I think HP personnel are not paid enough to buy a wartch. Till today i.e. 15th of November, their 48 hours is not yet over. After every 2 days i did contact them and to my dissapointment they made one or the other excuse to extend the day of delivery of the item for another 2 days. Not only this, neither the service center nor the company itself is ready to take the responsibility of the delivery of the replaced product in time. This wasn't enough; recently the HP service center has started behaving rudely.

I am very much disappointed by the attitude of an esteemed organization like HP towards its customers. I am unable to use the product when i need it the most.

Thanking You
Tapas Kumar Biswas
Room NO - B 203
Patel Hall
IIt Kharagpur
West Bengal
India
Phone NUmber: [protected]

Comments

• Es
      23rd of Jul, 2010

I had purchased my Blackberry Gemini 8520 from a mobile store in Chennai and only after purchase I knew it was a officially unlocked device and not a usual Airtel Blackberry, I was upset at first as I have nearly 3 years of experience with Blackberry service at Airtel and its just awesome they do it so professionally. I used a Rs.999 (approx. USD $20) worth cover for the phone from case mate, after a month and few days the display brightness diminished to very low level and I had taken it to the Redington India Ltd. service center in T.Nagar and they told me about the Rs.730 charge if there is water lodged in the device and I was 100% sure that there isn't any possibility for the same, so I gave my device for service and was waiting for about 2 weeks and I received a call from them saying there was water lodge in my device and they want me to pay Rs.730 to get the device back and the most important thing is that the device isn't serviced. I was like what the hell? Why would I pay these cheats the money just to open and take look at it and return? These people don't have the basic common sense that if I had known there is water why would I give it for service to pay Rs.730 unnecessarily? I would rather go to private service center and get it done for same price or something additional, finally they sent me some fake snap shots of water damage and stuff. I doubt if they had done it on their own to rip off the money. Today I got the device back and the display totally doesn't work. They spoiled it even more. Blackberry has to stop sending officially unlocked devices let the people get good service from Airtel, Reliance and other service providers. Never from these local Redington guys, I wonder if they have ever seen a Blackberry phone, these guys would only have experience in spoiling local basic phones like Nokia, Motorola etc. Now giving the service order to these guys Blackberry is spoiling its reputation in India. I need a brand new device and also my Rs.730 to be returned and I am not going to live them till then.

People beware of these guys. Redington India Ltd is totally a fraud company. Redington India Ltd rips off the money and spoils your device. Redington Group has to replace my device and pay me my Rs.730 back. Redington Group has to stop the scam in the name of service Blackberry devices. Redington India Ltd should no longed be an authorized company to service Blackberry devices. Blackberry has to stop the contract right away.