HP / want a result

1 United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 07723 177345

The complaints manager at HP UK is a nasty piece of work called Paulette Hughlock

She hides behind staff and will not speak to customers, but here email is: [email protected]

Ch

Comments

• Pi
      12th of Apr, 2010

Do not purchase anything from them and expect they will provide said support or replace anything.

• Fu
      13th of Apr, 2010

The only problem I ever had with HP was when my printer wasn't working and I called Tech support for help. My warranty had expired and they wanted to charge me $39.99 for help. I did the troubleshooting and fixed the problem myself.

Other than that, HP has always been efficient and reliable. Shipping is fast and for most products is free. I get my ink from them with free shipping on next day service. One time they messed up my order, and then let me keep that order and sent me out the correct one at no additional charge. That is great customer service.

From an HP customer for 6 years. I have the HP Pavilion and it has outlasted any other computer I ever owned.

• La
      21st of Apr, 2010

HP Customer Support is none existing!!! You would find hundreds if not thousands complaints about it on Internet worldwide. Avoid buying their hardware!

• La
      21st of Apr, 2010

HP Customer Support is none existing. You will find hundreds if not thousands of complaints on Internet worldwide. Avoid buying HP hardware.

• K0
      10th of May, 2010

i agree, the hp customer support doesnt seem to exist. other than ringing them there is no way to complain! also they charge you to ring them! i have had 3 of the same laptop sisnse christmas, the hp pavilion dv6. each one has broken in the same general way, the laptops seem to lose pixels in the top right corner every time. i have relied on staples to renew my laptop under the shops guarantee but after my 3rd replacement i feel a complaint needs to be made to hp directly. i am very unhappy with the system dealing with complaints, all i see over most internet forums is people complaining about the complaints department. they seem to have no regard for they customers complaints and i also believe that the fact that it costs the customer money to ring them and complain yet still be treated badly is a complete scam! :@

• Bl
      29th of May, 2010

Does anyone know if its still Pauline Hughlock, who is head of complaints.

26th of Jul, 2010
    HP - My iPAQ gets automatically reset frequently and I am not able to use it
    hp.com

I want to bring to your notice the product and service related issue with iPAQ hw6515e. My self and one of myfriend bought two iPAQ hw6515e. We have been using this product since more than a year now, I was facing frequent sofware hanging and sometimes iPAQ getting reset automaticaally initailly during the warranty period. Now my iPAQ gets automatically reset frequently and I am not able to use it. The similar problem was faced by my friend also and his iPAQ was down within a year and the same was replaced by HP free of cost considering it product related issue.

I have given my iPAQ to HP service center in New Delhi vide call no. 2214172780 on 16/08/2007 for check up. HP Service center in India has adviced me to get it replaced by paying an amount of Rs 39, 349.45 which is nothing but buying a new iPAQ. This is surprise to me that how come HP expects from customer to through such an expensive devise after using for one year even though a lot of iPAQ hw 6515e has product related issues.
    I have requested HP India to replace my device free of cost as there is product related issue in this lot of iPAQ hw 6515e. HP being globally reputed company should take pride in accepting product related issues and HP should replace faulty devices irrespective of warranty period as being done by Nokia in case of batteries. I have been following up with HP service team since then but there is no response from their side. I wanted to bring to your notice the issue before going to consumer forum. I would request if the matter is taken up within HP and free replacement is sent to me within a weeks time.

• Dr
      5th of Aug, 2010
    HP - When I took my computer initially they did not replace my drive but just reinstalled the Operating System
    hp.com

My Combo drive was not working. The tech support in HP asked me to contact there service centre with the case no. to get the drive replaced. However, when I took my computer initially they did not replace my drive but just reinstalled the Operating Systtem. As a result of this mistake I lost my entire data and the issue was not resolved. I contacted again HP support and they said the misatke was on part of the service centre. I got the drive replaced (a dfferent brand) and it still did not work. I again registered complaint both with HP support and the Service Centre RT Outsourcing but no action was taken. I received a call that they will replace the drive again with a original part but did not get any response after that.

5th of Aug, 2010

I want my bell access back do not this other crap cannot access my e.mail photo, s are blocked

• Me
      12th of Aug, 2010
    HP - Nobody is reverting instead of given lots of mails for this case
    hp.com

This Laptop was given to after sales service partner named as SERVICE PLUS. They have given the LAPTOP on 12/08/2009 which was been accepted by HP. SERVICE PLUS is having the aknowledgment for the same, which I have seen.

Till 25/08/2009 when i have not got any confirmation from HP for the job done I have called to your service center and spoken to them. With reference to this case they have suggested me to send the scan copy of the invoice as you have misplaced the invoice and because of that they have not started the job on Laptop. As they confirmed me that once they received the scan copy of invoice you willl start the job. After consulting through SERVICE PLUS i came to know that SERVICE PLUS have also sended you the Invoice thrice in your office. Still I have sended you the scan of the invoice on 28/08/2009. For the same I have confirmed from office also that whether they have received or not and i have positive answer that they have received the scan image and now repairing will be done.

On 29/08/09 HP people called me that we can not do the repairing because the invoice is hand written and HP as company doesnot accept Hand written and only computerised printed invoice is acceptable. And after lots of discussion through them they told me that case will forward to warranty team. After which no one revert on my case till today02/09/2009. After asking to them on mail people from HP called me and saying that as per warranty team Laptop is out of warranty. And still the Laptop is with them only and now no body is reverting instead of given lots of mails for this case.

• Ga
      13th of Aug, 2010

I have switched to released version of windows 7, so my speakers have stopped working.

• Bo
      13th of Aug, 2010
    HP - At the place that they should have changed my defective laptop they are not even carrying out the repairs
    hp.com

I had purchased a compaq 610 laptop in october. within a day the cd rom got defected and the screen started showing a point, a dot on it. when i approached the hp service centre they said that we undertake repairs only if there are 8 dots as such. after mailing to every mail address i could get hold of, the only thing that happened was they acknowledged that they would carry out the repairs. but to my surprise till date no components have arrived. it is such a pity that companies like hp have so poor consumer service. at the place that they should have changed my defective laptop they are not even carrying out the repairs, stating that they are importing the components.

• As
      17th of Aug, 2010
    HP - You wind up with staff that may speak and read English but doesn't really understand it
    hp.com

The computer would not boot up on initial startup. I spent several hours with two or three phone support representatives who seemed to be clueless about how to address the problem. One told me to open the case and reseat the TWO memory modules. In fact, there were FOUR modules, two of which were inaccessible without first removing the DVD drive. He apparently didn't know the details of the system I had ordered even though he had the Product Number and Serial Number. After much fumbling around, I decided to contact e-mail support instead. Initially the interaction seemed OK but soon fell apart. We agreed the computer would be returned for repair. I told the rep by e-mail that the box for returning the computer should be sent to my daughter's college dorm in Boston and the repaired computer should be sent to my address in Miami. Through at least three or four e-mail exchanges I reminded the reps of the two different addresses (included several times in the e-mails) and requested written confirmation that they understood. I never received that confirmation. Instead, I finally received an e-mail saying the return box would be sent to Miami, not Boston. I had to remind them for the third or fourth time that the return box was going to Boston. The customer service rep apologized and told me the current service order therefore had to be canceled and a new one issued, which would take an additional two days. What I can't understand is how not one customer service rep could understand what was so clear in the e-mail exchanges about the addresses. There are at least three or four instances in the e-mail exchanges where the addresses are included, along with specific instructions. No one on the HP side seemed to get it. Apparently this is what can happen when an American company outsources its customer service organization. You wind up with staff that may speak and read English but doesn't really understand it. Either that or they are poorly trained and incapable of paying attention.

• Bc
      24th of Aug, 2010
    Hp - no getting gift
    hp
    India

Dear Santosh Sir,

With Regards to the Redemption of Hp pavillion /mini/compaq Nootbook offer " Innovative Incentives and Events Pvt Ltd, I made the demand Draft on 4th Jan 2010 Rupees :- 9000/- to solution Integrated for L C D TV claim

But its still pending till date

My redemption code is 5F4P5JMSJ8

Billed from :- Sillicon system, Sagar
    Billing date ;- 24/12/2009

Kindly take some strong and Necessary action,

I am waiting for your revert.

Regards

Rashmi Jain

• Mi
      1st of Sep, 2010
    HP - False billing
    Austin
    Texas
    hp.com

Bought a brand new Hard drive for a laptop with a start up disk. They never sent the startup disk so I had to call back. Then I got an email stating that if I did not send the old hard drive back I would be charged for it. Contacted a case manager who told me it would be taken care of an it was just a error that I got that email. Two weeks later they charged me again for the same hard drive I had already bought. Called my case manager again and he again said it would be taken care of but would take 5 t0 7 business days to get my money back. The next day I was charged a third time for the hard drive that I bought and again called the case manager who claims it was my mistake and that they had only charged me twice and not the third time and that my bank account was wrong. All my complaints go back to the same case manager who lies about the facts and keeps saying he is taking care of it but has not. False billing is when a company charges your account for fees that were not approved by the other party and since it has happened twice that is a big problem because not only are those funds held till it gets fixed but the time and effort I have to go through to get this fixed is well more then just getting those funds back.

• As
      7th of Sep, 2010

I have the same problems with HP Pavillion DV9000. In USA this model was recalled however in UK they did nothing! i have spoken to HP and they refusse to repair it for Free. It looks like it HP has defective Motherboard design which causes mother boards/graphic cards to die soon it gets hot.

I am goin to open a claim againts them through MCOL i think other people should star to do this as if so many people does this it will prove that HP has not provided solution to a fault they caused from begining.

I thin we should create a blog or group online and join everyone we know that has this problem. we should strugle together in this campaing
    my email:[email protected]

22nd of Sep, 2010

I called the offical HP technical support, just trying to fix my f1 2 and 3 keys. First of all it was some indian who I couldn not understand and he was a dick about me not being able to understand hsi gibberish... second of all he disregarded my questions about my f keys, saying he could fix it and taking control of my computer he downloaded a virus scan program I have never heard of. Saying that McAfee doesn't work. The fake virus scan he downloaded said i had over 600 problems on my computer...which is practically brand new. Disregarding the only reason why I called, he told me I had to buy a 200 dollar protection from him. When I said no he told me my computer was going to break and to have fun with that... HP is straight [censor]ed and I hope they all die.

• Re
      15th of Oct, 2010

i xcan see a scanner that shouldnt be there.

• Vi
      1st of Nov, 2010

MY (PAVILLION) LAPTOP IS GETTING HEATED EXTREMELY .

• Tr
      28th of Dec, 2010
    HP - Computer and Printer
    Hewlett Packard
    Indiana

For 15 years I have been a die-hard HP Fan, well, as far as printers and PC's. Actually I am a MAC Fan. However my little Mac laptop was getting to old and finally it passed on, so I went to Best Buy and purchased a HP Pavilion dv-72185dx. It was at the end of the year and I was very busy with taxes and accounting tasks, so I didn't get to do anything with the computer until February. I had the computer going for less than a month when "motherboard" burnt out of it. I called into HP and played nice with them, finally after hours on the phone, I had to send the computer back to HP. 1 month later I received it back, which I called them and talked to their repair department who informed me that the Mother Board was replaced, they couldn't tell me why the Mother Board went bad in the first place. Since that time the laptop has crashed and had to be restore 4 times, losing all my information and programs. HP products, in my opinion, have deteriorated severely in the last few years. I have thrown 2 printers out the back door because a few days after the warranty has expired they break. Now I find out that all the money I have spent for print cartridges are a waste because HP has the printers set up to only use a % of the cartridge before it flashes a error that it cannot print. There is a lawsuit over the print cartridge however HP only had to give people $5.00 off of their next purchase of ink with HP. What a Joke! I will never, ever purchase another HP and I would suggest that if anyone is looking to purchase a PC or printer find another Brand. Personally, I will be going back to MAC! and looking into Cannon or Kodak for a printer