HP / a story of disappointment
I purchased an HP laptop nx6125 on 17 Dec 2005. About 4 months later, my computer started having the blue screen and I was not able to boot it again. Furthermore the finger print reader was not functional. I called the HP technical support line and told them about the problem. I am told to send the computer to the technical service. A few days later, people from the technical service called me and told me that the hard drive and main memory of the computer needed to be replaced and I am requested to give permission for that action. About a week later, the computer is sent to my address. When I looked at the official record form that came with the computer, I discovered that none of the actions mentioned above has been performed, only Windows has been reinstalled. As you may guess, the problem was still there. And the finger print reader was not functional either. Then, I had to send the computer to the technical service for a 2nd time. This time, thanks god, the hard drive and the memory have been replaced. But the problem survived. The computer is sent to the technical service for the 3rd time. This time I am told that the mainboard and the battery had to be replaced and the order for this parts has already been sent to the U.S. The technical service called me and told that the computer is repaired 2 days before the end of the 1-month workday period which is the legal duration during which the problem had to be resolved. When I went to the technical service to pick my computer which was supposedly repaired, I discovered that the finger print reader was not functional yet. At the technical service, it is also discovered that the BIOS of the system was not the correct one.
Next day, they told me that my computer would be replaced by a brand new computer. 3 days later, I got the new computer, but I realized with complete surprise that the new computer was a used one. In other words, my computer had been replaced by a used one. The point that I finally came to made me very sad and deeply hurt me. It has been 7 months since I purchased my computer, but the computer was in technical service in 3 months of this duration. I can not find words to describe my disappointment and regret right now. Now, I strongly believe that HP is not reliable firm.
It is a firm that does not care about customer satisfaction. From now on, let alone a computer, I will not buy even a simple calculator with an HP brand on. I recommend you not to do either.
More HP Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers 
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems 
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless! 
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product! 
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service! 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - hp 3070a printer
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - officejet pro 6968
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - warranty repair & customer service
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - tech support, cheaply built product, ripping me off, worst customer service ever
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - hp service