Howard Johnson / Bad service
We stayed at this hotel for two nights in room 202 during a three-day holiday.
While the staff was friendly and professional, we did experience some trouble.
Ours was a non-smoking room, yet the hallway was heavy with the smell of smoke. Some of my family members (including children) have allergies and this was most unpleasant as the smell leaked into the room as well.
The all-in-one shower/tub insert had hairline cracks in the corners, and looked like the tub itself had a very bad paint job (white over eggshell).
My 2 children and I decided to make use of the jacuzzi and pool area. We were having fun until someone allowed a dog (a lively pug puppy) into the room. I realize pets are allowed in this hotel, but I didnt think they were allowed into the jacuzzi. Someone carried the dog into it while others were using it. It chased my seven-year-old daughter around the pool forcing her to run (which is rather unsafe near a pool) to get away from it. When the dog defecated
on the poolside, (which no one made any attempt to remove), my children and I decided to return to our room as we had seen (and smelled) enough.
The next morning during breakfast, we saw the same dog urinating on a luggage cart in the carpeted hallway. That evening when I woke to use the bathroom, I found a cockroach crawling across the rim of the tub, then up the shower wall. I honestly hope none of them laid eggs nor decided to hitchhike home with us.
The deal I made reservations for was called the Manager's Special. If that was the Manager's Special, I would truly hate to know what horrors a regular room would bring.
Needless to say, we were very dissatisfied and disappointed with the entire experience. We will not be staying at Howard Johnson again.