Hotwire.com / Mygreatfun.com / duplicity

United States Review updated:
I too have been a victim so it seems. I made thanksgiving travel arrangements with hotwire.com, and this is the thanks I get for using their services. What's really ironic is my husband an I didn't make the trip. I got sick the day before we were due to travel so we had to cancel. The nerve of hotwire.com for sharing my info with this company! It just proves my husbands theory, "I don"t trust giving my personal info over the internet!" it also appears all of their info /welcome packets aren't complete either. Now my credit card is going to be billed for something I didn't ask for, or register for myself.

[redacted].com has some info that might help anyone that's in my predicament. I'm so pissed off by this I really don't care to conduct anymore online transactions in the future! Which really makes this hard considering that this is where technology is forcing us to go.

Good luck to all that see an read this or has been a victim of fraud. Times are hard enough as it is, and here some lazy good for nothing entity comes along an makes it worse for the next online experience. Enough of this.
Happy holidays,

Sinecerly, in an disturbed world!

Comments

Rm
  28th of Mar, 2009
I too have become a victim of Great Fun(R), Trilegiant Corporation, Norwalk. CT (a Delaware corporation?). March 3, 2009, I booked a rental car through an established "Trusted" online service used securely in prior transactions. Some way this company breached my very severe security restrictions to phish into the online rental booking to obtain my personal information. An unauthrized entry email arrived in my inbox that night from GreatFun(R) which infuriated me; but luckily I securely isolated the email and printed it prior to reporting, blocking, and deleting as spam and internet scams. It is now March 28th with daily numerous calls all listed telephone numbers and several letters to all noted addresses to advise them of the fraudulent activities and "cancel." I have notified my card company and bank and posted blocks, and filed fraud reports. My defensive actions and some offensive actions will continue to help stop this entity! My hope is this activity is isolated to GF-Trilegiant and that they get stopped.
Jo
  30th of Mar, 2009
I had a similar experience of booking travel plans thru Hotwire and then getting an unsolicited Great Fun Card in the mail with no "account use" information supplied. I called twice to the telephone number they supplied, first complaining about the unsolicited card and the lack of information on how to use it, but was put off and given an"extension" of the so-called "free trial". The second time, I firmly insisted on cancelling and was given a cancellation code. I plan to follow thru with my credit card com pany and let them know not to honor any bills from "Great Fun". Not!

Hotwire Logo Hotwire