Hotwire.com / hotwire bad policy!
This is the first time I used hotwire and I definitely will not use it again!
We booked 2 rooms for our family trip to Miami. When we arrived the hotel was repainting the hallways in all floors. We can even smell the odor inside the rooms. After about 10 minutes staying in the rooms, our two children started complaining about headache then my sisters and parents as well.
I called the front desk representative trying to switch to different rooms. She said the whole floors were being painted. So I asked her if we could cancel our stay and they had no problem with it. Apparently other guests complaint about same problem. But they said I had to call Hotwire for their approval. I called Hotwire explaining the problem with the hotel. But Hotwire DO NOT let us cancel the reservation. It is Hotwire's responsibility to accommodate the hotel if the hotel was in bad condition. If they cannot cancel the reservation or refund it, the least that they can do was to switch us to a different hotel. Hotwire did not care. It is a stupid policy and everybody should be aware of using Hotwire.com. Please go to BBB.com as they showed several other complaints about Hotwire.com before you do anything with the company.
More Hotwire.com Complaints & Reviews
- Hotwire Communications - terrible service 
- Hotwire - hotwire refuses to cancel 3hr old reservation. 
- Hotwire Cable Company - unwanted service and being charged for it 
- Hotwire.com - fraud 
- Hotwire - wrong last name on reservation 
- Hotwire - hotel booking
- Hotwire - trying to cancel, when full trip insurance was purchased
- Hotwire - cancellation reneging
- Hotwire - hotwire does not send a refund promised by them = stealing my money
- Hotwire - hotwire stole my money!