Hotwire / deceptive policies

1 OH, United States Review updated:

Booked a 3 star hotel in the Valley Forge area for three adults in a standard room. After I made the booking, I called the hotel, a Holiday Inn Express, to find out what kind of beds where in the room. I was expecting to get a room with at least two queen beds--WRONG! It was a room with two double beds. I did not think modern American hotels even used double beds anymore. I called Hotwire to complain--they did not care. The Hotwire rep said that each individual hotel determines what a standard room is and what kind of beds are in the room. She also said that two double was plenty of room for three adults--sure if one person sleeps on the floor. The bottom line is that if you accept their terms and conditions and you get a lemon--your stuck with it and Hotwire could care less!

Tc

Comments

• Re
      19th of Dec, 2010

You should have read the terms and conditions. Hotwire is a great website but it's for those only concerned about price, not special requests.

This is your problem, not theirs.

24th of Dec, 2010

Nice comment Hotwire employee!

31st of Dec, 2010

Sorry tcarey wrong! I just know how to read. Most people laying on their sofa getting disability checks booking cheap travel online are too lazy to read anything. Then they go online demanding justice.

Pathetic!

31st of Dec, 2010

WOW! You know how to read--aren't you special! Most people just read comments and choose to believe them or not. However, some [censored], those that are on unemployment for example, have nothing else to do but scour the internet and give their worthless opinion on other people's comments. Get a job--go to work for Hotwire!

1st of Jan, 2011

Ohhhh, did it bother you that I called out your stupid comment? Get an education and try again tool!

2nd of Jan, 2011

Get a life troll!

5th of Jan, 2011

Strange...you seem to be following my comments rather closely. Perhaps it is you that trolls????

And come on, can't you debate any better than this? It was a nice try but I'm thinking you should harrass someone else. Maybe you should watch the fast food complaints. Those are high quality!

5th of Jan, 2011

I am not following your comments, I just keep getting emails every time you post your trifling ###, douchebag.

8th of Jan, 2011

Trifling ###? My ### is certainly not trifling! You love the emails alerting you of my posts. You have no friends.

17th of Mar, 2011

Go ### yourself you piece of ###. Get a life instead reading other peoples' posts and acting like a punk ###. OHHHHHHHHH you are such a bad ###--you you sure told me. What a ###ing [censored] you are. Your the same kind of ###ing troll as the ### that made comments on my post. Life must be really boring for you there at the trailer park.

19th of Mar, 2011

Welcome back tcarey...I see you haven't expanded your limited vocabulary. Sad!

• Je
      3rd of Apr, 2011

Unauthorized charges to my credit card account. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY.

27th of Sep, 2015

Hotwire shouldn't be booking anything with Thrifty at JFK. They are dishonest and the facility is tiny and very hard to get cars in and out of. The counter woman tried to scare me into buying a $21 daily ezpass thingy because she said there are no people taking cash at the bridges anymore which is a total lie. Also the car had bad brakes and transmission.