Hotwire Communications / terrible service

1 Miami, FL, United States Review updated:

This is the worst cable tv company.

I called the customer service agents because my cable is not working and they said they would send someone the next day in a 5 hours window.
Next day the 5 hours are over and no one has come yet. I call customer service again and they inform me that the appointment was not booked... and I waited for 5 hours for nothing!!!

And because it was a Friday, the next day for service is... MONDAY! 4 days without cable.
Forget this company if you do not like getting ripped o[censored]

Comments

• Ca
      14th of Mar, 2010

I have been dealing with this horrible company for about 9 months now. At least three times a month my cable freezes or goes out. When I restart the cable box, like they told me to on every customer service phone call made, the box does not restart. When I call and complain, they tell me that a technician needs to come out and look at the box, however, the techs only work tuesday-friday. And you have to be there and wait for them to come because they give you a ridiculous timeframe window for the "appointment." In order to get this continual no cable problem fixed, I am forced to take yet another day off of work to accommodate them and must be without cable for 6 straight days. Worst company ever. The customer service reps couldn't care less that your cable is out, that you're paying for non-working cable, that you have to miss work to get the situation fixed, or that you are forced to be without cable for several days at a time, several times a month.

• Cr
      28th of Dec, 2012

HOTWIRE COMUNICATIONS WOW !! . i GUESS THE MEAN THE CUSTOMERS ARE GOING TO BE HOT WHEN THEY SEE HOW THIS COMPANY TREATS THEM . I AM VERY COMFUSED HOW THEY CAN CHARGE YOU MORE THAN EVERYONE ELSE AND GIVE THE WORST SERVICE AND OUR HOA HAS US LOCKED IN A CONTRACT WITH THESE PEOPLE SO WE CANNOT EVEN GET A DIFFERENT PROVIDER . IM EVEN GONNA TELL YOU WHERE I LIVE MARSH HARBOUR IN RIVIERA BEACH FLORIDA DO NOT MOVE HERE . IT IS FRIDAY CHRISTMASS WEEK AND THEY ARE TELLING ME I HAVE TO WAIT FOR SERVICE TILL NEXT WENSDAY . THIS IS 2012 ISNT IT I FEEL LIKE I AM IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE .. ... OHH AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE ARE RUDE I TOLD THE LADY ITS CHRISTMASS I NEED TV AND SHE SAID ITS NOT CHRISTMASS ITS 2 DAY AFTER CHRISTMASS .

12th of Apr, 2013

Our building forced us to use this service. It was always spotty and problematic, but in October 2012 it stopped working all together. We called numerous times and they would promise to get it fixed, but no technician ever came despite scheduling service calls on several occassions. After a week or so of this I called and cancelled our service. Also mailed in a letter telling them to cancel our service. We got another ISP but kept receiving invoices from them. Called a few more times, they apologized and said they had no record of a previous cancellation, said we would be disconnected. Months go by and received even more statements saying we have a past due balance and our service would be disconnected if we didn't pay! Called and they said we weren't disconnected until January 2013, but not "fully" disconnected, and only because of non-payment for October - January. Said there was nothing they could do, couldn't even fully disconnect us, and the balance on our account would stay. Rediculous!

• Vi
      11th of Jun, 2013

HOTWIRE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS **** THANK YOU****

I am new to the Miami area. I opened a new business and needless to say I wanted to save money. I got three quotes and decided that I was going to allow Hotwire to bring in the services because they brought Fiber to my office. Within a very short period of time I had service up and running and received a call from my Account Executive that he wanted me to schedule a bill review to insure what he quoted was correct on my first bill. My interest is screaming fast and I love Hotwire. My bill is 22% cheaper! Thank you Hotwire for an outstanding job!

13th of Jun, 2013

I work for them, and they treat their own people so bad, they take away their gas cards and promise them checks in return, then you go months without getting one, and pay from your pocket, then when you get the check its about a quarter of what you paid from your pocket.they have no raise structure for people who been their a long time to get a raise, They give you benefits you cant afford, If you get called out on emergency calls, They comp you instead of giving you overtime, Then they know you cant make it in everyday for work, because you cant afford the gas anymore, We the ones who work in the field are the backbone of the company, We are the faces that deal with these nice customers out there, The owner gets to sit on a beach 6 months out of the year, While they get a annual salary of 16 million dollars, and we the people who work for them suffer, what ever happen to taking care of your people who work hard for you.Talk about workers not being loyal anymore, this is the reasons.But then the company buys connection technology who was in trouble in florida for cable fraud.Then they allow that company to run hotwire, And hotwire allows it to happen, this company went bankrupt.Now we are being cut down, So many leaving the company.And to top it off they are moving to a bigger building in philly, no wonder we dont get the raises, take care of the people,