Hotwire / changed fight

Jul 24, 2015
John casanovas
West Nyack
Phone: 8457275197
Booked a flight with Hotwire on July 2 2015 with American Airlines for 2 from NY to Chicago. Departure date was for Friday August 7, return date was for Sunday August 9. Email confirmation date had return trip August 7 with an hour stay in Chicago. Notified Hotwire which by the way runs their business out of the Phillipines that return date was wrong. I was kept on phone with Hotwire for over 1 hour trying to sort out high penalties for a mistake they created. In the middle of the conversation Hotwire hung up on me. I Called back only to be told that they added another batch of fees because the call ended. Again, I was on the phone for another hour and half only to be hung up on again by Hotwire. Because of all these call backs my $286 flight went to $915 with 3 hours of phone time. I talked to 3 managers and 2 associates all saying that American Airlines was at fault. In the end I have to pay $800 for a $286 flight. Hotwire was rude and gave no assistance whatsoever and all blame was put on the Airlines. This was the first and last time I will be using Hotwire and am very disgusted that domestic business like this has to be conducted overseas.

Hotwire Logo Hotwire