Hotwire / hotwire refuses to cancel 3hr old reservation.

Booked a flight for 2 in February 09, only to discover that Hotel at destination overbooked & canceled our rooms. Contacted Hotwire within 3 hours of placing reservation and received no help & only arguments. Tried to book rooms through hotwire, but they could not find anything either. Tried to change reservation to 2010, and was told that 'one year to change bookings' statement on website meant 'one year from booking' and that they could not help us. Customer service amounted to nothing but argument. Hotwire deserves a good deal of 'work of mouth' & blog based advertisement for their efforts; all of it NEGATIVE! I will be doing my part.

Va

Comments

• Di
      15th of Sep, 2008

I agree completely, my hotel has been down graded from 4 to 3 1/2 stars, and they refuse to give me my money back - false advertising or what! They have to be the worst company I have ever dealt with. I will tell everyone that listens.

• Ed
      15th of Sep, 2008

I Agree, such a scam, i found the lower rate on other site, when called CS they were rude and mean, plus the hotel they offered me as 3star is 2.5star, when i mentioned that, they say its our own ratings...someone need to complain to BBB for this site.

• Se
      13th of Feb, 2009

HOTWIRE IS GARBAGE!!!
    booked a 3.5, got a 2, said bloomington CENTRAL. Got ritchfield EAST . according to hotwire they make their own boundries of cities too. will not cancel booking, so i booked directly to hotel i wanted. Also booking directly and telling them you had problems with hotwire, hotels are more lienient and try to match prices.. !! NEVER AGAIN !!! ALSO AGAIN, HOTWIRE is GARBAGE!!!

• Kk
      25th of Feb, 2009

Why didn't I find this site BEFORE I got screwed?!

I am a college student, working part time and me and a friend booked a flight to Aruba THINKING we had a place to stay with a mutual friend of ours. Now plans have changed and we're stuck with paying $1, 000 for nothing. All they care about is getting your money.

Can the credit card company cancel the charge? I'll have to check with that...

24th of Jul, 2009

I agree totally! the hotel I booked charged me what amounted to 20% of my rate for parking! With this unanticipated charge, I could have booked a better hotel without using Hotwire! In addition, the hotel was outside the area as described although they claimed it was not. Customer service rep and manager would not discuss. When I asked what others do when they don't help, the answer is: everyone eventually hangs up. Great customer service. I'm hoping my credit card will help me, but the Hotwire manager told me they won't.

21st of Jul, 2011

YOU ARE A BIG IDIOT!!
    BOOKING WITH HOTWIRE IS FINAL THAT MEANS NO REFUND ONCE YOU COMPLETE THE RESERVATION!! ITS YPUR FAULT DUMB ### MOTHER###ER!!

• Mi
      7th of Nov, 2011

Can everyone get join in and file suit on this company??? I totally agree they are thiefs and do not deserve to be in business...

• Mi
      7th of Nov, 2011

I just got off the phone... I told them to have fun with my $200.