Hotwire / horrible setup and rip-off!

The worst system I've ever used. I will make sure I report this to every travel website I use. I found a car two classes better and 25% lower after I booked with Hotwire. Horrible set up that you can't back out or renegotiate your price after booking 3 months in advance thinking you're getting a good deal. NEVER USE HOTWIRE AGAIN and I'll be sure to let EVERYONE know what a rip off it can be. I will copy this note and post it anywhere I can.

Va

Comments

• La
      5th of Feb, 2009

Me too, unfortunately I also got rip off, I hate them!

• Ge
      25th of Jun, 2009

I wholeheartedly agree, I wish I had checked this website before I made my reservation, my wife says she did see, a TV report about internet travel agencies and the problems you encounter with them.

• Sw
      18th of Jul, 2009

That's what happens when you book online trying to save 15.00 instead of going to a reputed travel agent that would know right away the lowest posibble fare and how to get it for you.
    Better luck next time and remember that without a travel agent you are on your own.

• Li
      21st of Jul, 2011

Just had my issues with a car rental through Hotwire. Found out the price had dropped 40% so I called Hotwire to modify or cancel my reservation. They said the car company would not allow it so I called the 800 number for the car company and the actual location I am to pick up the car. They said it would be no problem to modify the reservation so I called Hotwire back up. They would not modify the agreement. Warning to anyone who even thinks about using Hotwire, DON'T. You are far better off contacting the companies directly, Hotwire provides no value add.