HotSpot Retails (P) Ltd. / Breach of trust

I purchased a cell phone make Motorola Z3 (Cell) for Rs.6, 500/- from Hot Spot Retail Store, Chander Lok, Rani Bagh (HOT SPOT) vide CR No.1292 dated 03.08.2008 at around 4.00 PM. On the persuasion of Sales Executive, I took extended warrantee (Care Pack) and paid Rs.500/- vide CR No. [protected] dated 03.08.2008. At the time of purchase, the sales executive Hotspot told me that the Motorola Company is promoting this particular Cell Model and giving One GB memory card and a blue tooth device free with this phone.

On good faith, being a large chain of store, I did not check the receipt at that time. When I reached home, I was shocked to see that the Hotspot has split Rs.6, 500/- paid vide CR No. 1292 / 03.08.2008 as per detail below :-

Cost of phone - Rs.6, 000/-
Cost of Memory Card - Rs. 500/-
Total Rs. 6500/-

Then I immediately visited at around 6.00 PM on the same day ie 03.08.2008 the Hotspot and complaint about misleading information and Malpractice. It was further shocking to know that above said Cell Model is discarded and discontinued by the Motorola Company and it is available at other Hotspot Karol Bagh (Branch of same Hotspot) for Rs.6, 000/- (Rs. 500/- less than what I paid) and they also confirmed about discontinuity of the Cell.

Being aggrieved, I requested Hotspot to Return / Exchange the cell with some reliable in vogue cell but Hotspot did not respond as expected. Moreover, the phone is having a technical problem and is defective one. Again on 04.08.2008, I requested Mr. Manoj, Storage in-charge, Hot Spot at Cell Phone No. [protected] at 2.02 PM, 2.17 PM, 2.56 PM and 3.50 PM to resolve the issue amicably but he did not respond. Moreover, he refused to give telephone no. / contact details of any responsible executive of the Hotspot.

Being consumer, I have right to be informed about the quality, quantity, potency, purity, standard and price of goods or services, as the case may be. Since I have been deprived by my legitimate right under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 it is, therefore, requested to do the needful as per detail below:

1) To return the entire amount paid i.e. Rs.6, 500/- + Rs.500/-.
2) To pay a reasonable amount for inconvenience caused to undersigned for deficiency in services / unfair trade practices.

Please note that if the money is not refunded within Seven Days as indicated above, Legal Action would be initiated and Hotspot will be liable to pay all cost and expenses arise there from.

An

Comments

• Ro
      2nd of Sep, 2008

Dear Manager

i want to share a very dissapointing experience regarding my purchase of a NOKIA 6500 Slider, Black from Hot Spot Retails Ltd.Raj Tower Alaknanda Shopping complex, new delhi .

i purchased this mobile two months back (on 15--June ), cost Rs.13, 500/ along with Carepack of Rs. 1200/-, i have used this mobile for only 60 days, because its stops working! i have given same for repair on 14th--August but till today i didn't receive it back ..I m chasing Store manager continously from last 10 days but i m not getting the positive response from their side...First Store manager assured me that i will get the mobile on 26--Aug...on 26th--august he assured to give the same on 29th then on 29th he assured to give on 1--sept..I m continously chasing him from 1st--sept.but no response.. .., I have paid full amount for the product I purchased and I am not been able to use same due to inbuilt fault in the Mobile..Even I gave xtra amount of Rs. 1200/ (for care pack) - for better service ..But U can see how much better service i m getting from Hot Spot peoples ...

This is a clear harassment to the customer and i need to have my money back for the mobile, i am not using being faulty, pls revert with a positive reply immdly otherwise i have to approach consumer court for this harrasment i m facing this for last 15 days...

robin narang