Hotpoint Washing MachineParts and repair

I had a massive flood in my kitchen just after Christmas from my indisett washing machine which I purchased June 2016 so it is 6 months old, . I called an engineer out, he came on the 3rd of Jan, the first words were do you have the extended guarantee, to which I replied no, but its still under the 12 months guarantee, from then on I may have well have been talking gibberish they obviously didn't want to know.
The engineer checked my washing machine and told me that a bolt that is supposed to be on the machine for transporting was broken off, and the water from spinning had gone through the hole and come in contact with the circuit board, so I needed a new drum and circuit board which he ordered straight away, I asked how long it would be to come and he said I may have a reply straight away but if not you will be called with a date. He also said that he had ordered a drum for a customer that morning and she was having it fitted in 2 days, but she had extended 'guarantee' .
I didn't have a call for 2 days so I called them, I was told the items would not be with them until the 20th Jan!!! Now bear in mind I have a family and my 10 year old is autistic so I get a lot of washing, this was not acceptable, I have had to rely on neighbours and friends to help with my washing which is also not acceptable.
Today 23rd of Jan 2017 I rang Hotpoint again, at first they said I hadn't got an account with them but on further checking and persistence they found me and told me that the parts I needed still hadn't arrived and that I would have to wait the full 28 days and if I still hadn't had them to ring them back and they would put a 'fast track' on them!!! not acceptable! I am so angry at the moment with this firm I will not be having any more Hotpoint Indisett appliances ever and I will spread the word about their incompetent ways of dealing with things, oh of course unless you take out the extended warrant more money in their pockets, then you get a quick efficient service. Totaly and utterly wrong.

Mr
Jan 23, 2017

Comments

• Mr
      Aug 07, 2017

I too have an extended warranty on my washer and I've called several times and service men were sent to work on my washer, BUT IT'S STILL THE SAME. NO HOT WATER, VERY LOW WATER LEVEL, CLOTHES WAD UP SO MUCH YOU CAN HARDLY GET THEM UNTANGLED, MY CLOTHES ARE STILL SUDSY AFTER RINSES AND STILL DIRTY TOO. THESE HOTPOINT WASHER APPARENTLY ARE SO CHEAPLY MANUFACTURED THEY DON'T WORK CORRECTLY FROM DAY ONE. THEY NEED TO HAVE A HUGE RECALL OR GIVE EVERY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER A COMPLETE CASH REFUND! I WILL NEVER, NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER PRODUCT MANUFACTURED BY G.E. THE REST OF MY LIFE!