HOTFILE / Automatic Payment

I have an account with Hotfile.com, when you first sign up they have an automatic Payment setup which is not exactly made clear when you first sign up with them and its a month later when you see that $9.00 has been taken from your account. This month they took two payments and they will not answer emails to correct the error. I have had to go into my Paypal account and cancel the automatic payment so it doesnt happen again, however this is quite confusing to do. I stopped the payment last month but they still took it twice.
I would stay away from this hosting service and go with someone like rapidshare or megaupload. Just keep an eye on your bank account if you do want to sign up with them, as I said they will not correspond with you at all if things go wrong.

More HOTFILE Complaints & Reviews

Comments

6th of Aug, 2010
    HOTFILE - rippoff
    HOTFILE
    hotfile.com

this company is a total ripoff
    do not use
    they will try and bill you month for ever
    and downoad speeds are 4k-25k tops

• Mi
      25th of Nov, 2010
    HOTFILE - No Account Details Provided

Be careful of HotFile.com

I payed by Paypal for 1 month. They somehow setup a recurring payment on my Paypal.
    I realized I had been billed in month 2, but they did not provide me with any account details for my 2nd month.

I tried contacting them 4 times, and did not get a reply.

I am now disputing the payment with Paypal.

All I can say is - don't trust them!

9th of Dec, 2010

i SET UP HOT FILE FOR ONE MONTH AND NOW I CANNOT CANCEL THIS IS A BIG SCAM DONT USE THEM

9th of Dec, 2010

i SET UP HOT FIE FOR ONE MONTH AND NOW I CANNOT CANCEL THIS IS A BIG SCAM DONT USE THEM http://hotfile.com

• Al
      29th of Dec, 2010
    HOTFILE - You pay 1 year membership, you get 6 weeks
    Portugal

I subscribed a one year premium membership with HOTFILE, but after 6 weeks I can't log in anymore. I contacted HOTFILE twice and I didn't get any answer. It seems to be a scam! BEWARE!

• Af
      24th of Sep, 2011

I fully agree on this one. I have pay Pal account and Once went on Hotfile website and Downloaded IPSW files, they asked me to pay $9.00 subscription for one month free download and never said any thing about recurring payments. If you happen to sign up, please read the Fine prints... if any, i did not find one...They FOOL you.. So beware of recurring charges being taken out of your Paypal account, as your Log in at Paypal account is compromised...
    If you are a victim of this kind, Please go into your Paypal account and change your password ASAP. Avoid doing any thing with HOTFILE., if you want to download you would be better off with rapidshare. People be watchful of this trick being played over and over by Hotfile. They do not respond to your email ..my suggestion stay away from HOTFILE.. you will save your bank balance.

• Sp
      18th of Sep, 2013

I also used Hotfile. But I do not used paypal for my payment. So I don't know how to stop auto payment. If you have a way please let me know. And let say I can stop auto payment. But there is one more thing I want to know. It is do I need to stop this payment at every month? Thank you all. I am looking forward to your answers.

• Na
      10th of Nov, 2013

speaknut try to login to Hotfile then at premium | Stats click manage subscriptions and cancel at action