Hotels.comunauthorized billing

B Review updated:

I booked on hotels.com a room for $109.00, just for the heck of it, I called the hotel to find out what they would charge me directly. I found out their regular rate is $99.00. I called hotels.com to request a refund for the difference. Manuel in customer service told me "we don't refund like that." Then he told me that if I cancelled with hotels.com the hotel would still charge me. So I called the hotel and guess what...they said that if I cancelled with hotels.com and rebooked with them I would not be charged. Hotels.com is a scam and their price match policy is utter nonsense. Please don't waste your money.

• D
      Jul 02, 2009

• A
      Jul 28, 2010

I also booked a hotel with hotels.com .. I did not mean make the reservations thru them, except when I dialed the hotel number on the hotels web site the number connected with hotels.com. I made the reservation. A few days later, and well before the 48 hr check in timeframe I had to cancel my reservation for my Marine son was injured in Afghanistan and this changed all our plans. I called the hotel to cancel, called hotels.com looking for refund which they charged 100% immediately to my visa. I called four times, I begin this process on July 3rd, it is not July 28th - I have had to have my financial institution become involved to dispute the charge - I about to submit a claim with the Attorney General's office, (this route has helped me in the past concerning unfair business practices). Don't use hotels.com. Should you be automatically routed to them, hang up, try the hotel again, book directly with the hotel. There are no deals and only huge aggrevation with hotels.com

• C
      Jul 12, 2011

I booked over the phone via hotels.com quoting me $115.49 all taxes inclusive. When I got to the hotel they were charging customers $90+taxex - a few dollars cheaper. I later got my credit card bill and found out I was charged $147.46! I called hotels.com and asked for the call recording and they said they are unable to provide it to me. I am filing a complaint against these idiots as they are unable to prove that I had accepted to pay $147.46. HOTELS.COM SUCKS AND THEY ARE LIARS.