Hotels.com / horrible service

1 Boston, United States Review updated:

I wanted to write and let you know about the horrible time I had with hotels.com's booking and customer service. When I tried to check into my hotel room at the Milnor Hotel in Boston, MA on Saturday, I was informed that they had no record of my reservation (even though I was holding my confirmation email from hotels.com) and that they were completely booked for the night. They said my only option was to call your customer service, which I did.

After being on hold for 45 mins while sitting in the lobby of the hotel I was told by the customer service person that they could not get ahold of the hotel to confirm they had no record of my reservation. Which I knew because I was standing next to the front desk where the person at the desk put every call on hold and never went back to them.

So now your rep tells me there isn't a single hotel open in the entire city of Boston, of which there are hundreds, so I have to take a room at hotel in a different city that is supposedly only 9 miles away.

At this point I have asked for a manager whose name was Manny and he tells me the same thing except for the fact he lied because he said he spoke to the front desk at the hotel, which I was still standing at and could easily see that he was never on the phone and I even asked the front desk clerk and manager, who were the only two working there and they both said they never spoke with anyone from hotels.com that day.

The entire reason for getting this room at this hotel was because it was only 2 miles from Fenway park where I had bought $200 tickets to take my girlfriend to the baseball game for her birthday. So now I had to change hotels which was actually 18 miles away from Boston through 2 toll booths and on 2 different highways, not 9 like your rep had said and by the time we got there and checked in, the baseball game was already half over and we had to go sit in the hotel bar to watch the end of it.

So thank you hotels.com for ruining my girlfriends birthday present and allowing me to throw away $200 for a game we couldn't go to and spending $100 for a hotel room that we didn't need after missing the game.

Jason

Ja

Comments

• Ka
      18th of Jul, 2015

Booked a stay during "double point" credits. Customer disservice would only say doesn't apply, no, can't do. Beware of this consolidator - very, very poor and prices through them are usually higher than going direct.