Hotelreservation.com / Avoid like the plague

I think they are scheisters, starting with the way they make their website address look like the names of the hotels you're searching, that way you think you're making your reservation through the actual hotel... except for the $30 charge they fail to warn you about until it's too late. Then they say your $30 will be refunded if you cancel your room 2-days prior to your reservation, but then refuse to do so. AVOID!!!

Oa

More Hotelreservation.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mi
      26th of Feb, 2011

Never use this website. Hotelreservation.com is evil
    They posted a very low rate for a 3.5 star hotel. I booked 2 rooms and they charged me for 2 rooms but the reservation only showed one room was reserved. I tried to contact them but there is no way to contact them other than via their website. No e-mail response received after 72 hours and 2 separate e-mails.
    There is no way to phone them - no contact information is given.
    On the confirmation e-mail regarding the reservation, there is a link to "View/Cancel reservation" - when you click this it leads you to "sorry page not found."
    They say the card will not be charged until you check in but the charge hit my card 3 days after the booking.
    Definitely AVOID!

• Wa
      31st of May, 2011

Compliant Chronology
    I did a search of Canada hotels in Montreal through the above address on 3/10/2010. I selected Hotel Gouveneour Place Dupuis. I put in the dates of our stay. I was then directed to this link:
    There the instructions read to book now for a non-refundable reservation to lock in a low rate. The highest rate on the entire page is $97.00. We booked a room for $86.00 a night, Canadian. In US dollars that comes to $89.74. When our card was processed, the rate came out to be much higher. The rate was $134 for the first night, $164.00 each for the next three nights. This amount did include taxes, but the base rate for the first night is $115.00, well over the quoted rate of $89.74, . I have tried repeatedly to cancel this reservation or at least get the quoted price. I was told by Raul at www.hotelreservation.com and by Gennieve at the Hotel Gouveneur headquarters that my reservation would either be canceled or that I would get the promised discount. Neither happened. When I call back to either organization, I’m simply told that I cannot cancel the reservation and that no supervisors are available, or my call is terminated or sent directly to voicemail. Please help me as soon as possible.

• Rd
      24th of Sep, 2011
    Hotelreservation.com - Lied about room that they booked.
    Myrtle Beach
    South Carolina

When we booked the room, we were told that it had a king bed, two bedrooms and two bathrooms. When we got there, we found out it had a murphy bed in the livingroom and two double beds in another room. When we contacted hotelreservation.com, they put us on hold and never came back. DO NOT USE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

• Fo
      29th of Feb, 2012
    Hotelreservation.com - Charge $7.5 each time you submit your order
    hotelreservation.com

They are cheats! it says my credit card verification number is wrong but charge $7.5 each time you submit your order! why no one arrest those guys??! who can help me to take back my money?

• Am
      12th of Sep, 2012
    Hotelreservation.com - Took my money and I still have to pay for the hotel
    hotelreservation.com

THIS $#*! TOOK MY MONEY AND STILL HAVE TO PAY FOR THE HOTEL THE SAME PRICE SOO HAD TO PAY DOUBLE COULDNT GET MY MONEY BACK!!! SCAM DONT DO ITTT !!!

• Ha
      8th of May, 2015

I BOOKED A ROOM THROUGH THIS SERVICE. THEY CHARGED ME 40 DOLLARS . THEY NEVER BOOKED THE ROOM
    I ASKED MY BANK TO LODGE A COMPLAINT AND REVERSE THE CHARGE. I WILL CALL THE POLICE TO LODGE A FRAUD
    COMPLAINT. HANNAH MYERS, MEMPHIS, TN

• Ha
      8th of May, 2015

THIS WEBSITE IS FRAUDULENT.