Hotelclub.com / Hotelclub.com uses the bait a switch scam

I started using this Website recently to book hotels for business travel. So far of my two experiences, both were bad. 1st experience - With a search for hotels, such as by zip code, a list of hotels with available rooms is provided. But after I booked a room at one of the hotels, I was given a booking ID which was followed by a message that my room reservation wasn't confirmed. It would take 1 to 2 business days to confirm. By then I needed to be in the room. In the end, I wasn't charged for the room. I ended up finding a room without the Website. So the Website is useless and a waste of time. 2nd experience - Started the same with search by zip code. I found a hotel with a good room rate listed. But after I clicked on the hotel for booking a room, a higher price was shown. So the Website uses the bait a switch scam.

Comments

• Cr
      5th of Aug, 2011

They cancelled my hotel and charged full amount of booking + cancellation charges also, its total scam.

• Sc
      11th of Aug, 2013

I received an email to thank me for registering with Hotel Club, when in fact I had done no such thing. After some searching, I found a phone number and called them to remove the account. After a being on hold I was first told they could not cancel my account at all. I asked for a supervisor who said they said they were unable to remove it, but that they would 'lock it'. They could not provide any answer to my question how they got my email in the first instance. While - in fairness - they did send an email confirming the account was locked, they did no ask for any information to confirm that I was. I am totally underwhelmed by their protection of privacy and would not trust this site with personal information - it has a real smell of scam associated with it.