Hotel-Rates.com / Online hotel booking

1 Dahlonega, GA, United States

On Nov 10, 2016 I went online to book a hotel reservation for one room and one night (Nov 11th) in Dahlonega, GA. Immediately after booking a room for the Holiday Inn, I received 2 emails with confirmation numbers for 2 rooms (#[protected] and #[protected]). I immediately clicked on the cancellation link provided (per the instructions below). When I clicked on the cancellation links for both rooms several times, I only saw a cancellation accepted message with no cancellation number. I then expected that a cancellation email would be sent to me. Instead I received no emails or cancellation numbers. As a result I tried to call the customer service number, but I was put on hold for about 15 minutes and finally gave up.

We never stayed at the Holiday Inn. They claim they cannot give a refund because I never received a cancellation number, despite being double booked. The Hotel-Rates confirmation receipts clearly instructed me to use the online link and not the hotel.

I am being charged for 2 rooms that I never stayed in. A copy of one email confirmation is shown below:

My email: [protected]@yahoo.com

Reservation Details:
Confirmation Number: [protected]
Customer ID: 6864946

Guest Name: Sanford Graves
Property Name: Holiday Inn Express DAHLONEGA
Property Address: 835 S. Chestatee St., Dahlonega, GA, US, 30533
Property Phone: [protected] (The property's phone number is provided for property related questions only. If you cancel directly through the hotel, there is no way for us to know to refund you, if a refund is due. To cancel, please use one of the methods below.)
Arrival Date: Thursday, November 10, 2016
Number of Rooms: 1

Nightly Rates:

11/10/2016 $ 120.99 American Dollars
Total Rate Charged Including Taxes & Fees: USD 158.50*
*This amount will be charged to your credit card at the time of booking. The charges will be listed on your credit card statement as Internet Hotel Reservations. This email is your receipt for this pre-paid reservation. Hotel may provide a separate receipt for any additional charges (phone, room service, etc.) Incurred during your stay.

Cancellation Policy & Information:
Cancellation Policy: You May Cancel Your Reservation For A Full Refund Minus A Cancellation Fee Of One Night Plus Tax (Calculated Off The Highest Nightly Rate Of Your Reservation) If Cancelled Prior To 11/07/2016 12:00 Pm (Central Time). Any Cancellation Made After This Time Is Nonrefundable.

We understand that sometimes, plans change. If you are unable to use this reservation and wish to cancel or rebook, please use one of the following methods:

1. Quickest Option:

Use the on-line Reservation Retrieval/Cancellation page to cancel the reservation immediately.

Simply view your reservation details and click on the cancel link located here:

This cancellation option is easy to follow and is the fastest path to getting your reservation cancelled.

Po