Hotbooksale.com / unauthorized charges

2728 Cumberland St., Roanoke, VA, United States
Phone: 917-539-0793

Stay away from this site! In Sept. of this year, I bought a book from hotbooksale.com. They billed me for it, and I paid. 5 months later on my Discover Card bill, I noticed that I was being charged $19.95 each month by the company. I got in touch with them, and they cancelled my "account, " which I never had, and they kept my money. Discover Card helped me get back two months of charges, but they still charged me for three months, $59.85. The sent Discover a "copy" of a letter they supposedly sent me, notifying me that I'd signed up to be a member in a book club with a $19.95 monthly charge. I never got that letter. They also said that they emailed me every month to tell me my account status. This never happened. I feel that this is a company like many others, trying to confuse people into buying something which they never intended. They never showed anything to Discover that I ever signed up for it, but I lost the money. Please notice the other very similar complaints about this company on this site. Why are they allowed to exist?

Ed