hotbooksale.com / smartsavingscenter.com / charged my credit card
On 12/14/08 I bought books from hotbooksale.com. Later that evening I got an email that said I was signed up for a savings program through smartsavingscenter.com. I think they are the same company. They had my credit card number, address and full name. The email stated that I had a free 7 day trial, that would then turn into 29.95 per month if I didn't call and cancel during the trial period.
The phone numbers on their email go nowhere. So, you can't call and cancel. I called my bank and cancelled my Debit card. There was already a $1 charge, sure to be followed by more. When I went to the website for more informaton they ask you to sign in with the login and password they gave me in the email. I was scared to give any more information, so I didn't pursue that any further. Also, I called hotbooksale.com. Same problem; the number goes nowhere. I doubt I'll even get the books I ordered.
As soon as the charge officially goes through, I will dispute it with my bank. I really hopes someone does something about this. So many people have fallen victim to this scam. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.
More hotbooksale.com / smartsavingscenter.com Complaints & Reviews
- Hotbooksale.com - unauthorized membership fee 
- Hotbooksale.com - Horrible company 
- Bbv*hotbooksale.com 888-646-1662 FL - Illegally repeatedly charged me for months 
- Hotbooksale.com - Book order 
- Bbv*hotbooksale.com - withdrawal from my checking account 
- Hotbooksale.com - Unethical credit card charges
- Hotbooksale.com - Scam Membership 
- Hotbooksale.com - unauthorized charges
- Best Brand Values <hotbooksale.com> - unsolicited charges